sothebysVisitors to our #London galleries explore the ‘Map of Truths and Beliefs’, a wool and cotton tapestry by the British artist Grayson Perry. Perry described the work in the catalogue for his 2011 exhibition at the British Museum: "The tapestry shows many possible pilgrimage destinations, religious and secular. In the central disc are many different names for the afterlife laid out in the shape of a plan of the British Museum. The figures are from my personal iconography. The woman in black represents the contemporary world, the bear is raw emotion, the boy, innocent reason and the woman in folk costume stands for tradition." Nearly five metres wide, the tapestry will be offered as part of the Contemporary Art Day Auction on 9 March. #GraysonPerry #SothebysContemporary
- odoylerules100@dperrin87 remember your tapestry in the KA house?
- grateful_little_hummingbirdYou amaze me!!!!
- jonahfreud@matthewfreud ???????
- artbindsBeautiful artlovers ❤️
- matthewfreud@jonahfreud there are three of them.
- matthewfreud@jonahfreud actually 12.
- claireid@majorschell like this looks dope
Log in to like or comment.