raquellemantraI get asked all the time what my sanskrit tattoo means.
it’s the principle of
for all living beings…
And… boy, oh boy. From a girl who was so hard on herself using overeating, 🌱(or lack of eating)🌱 + other abusive behaviors to distract her from her truth… to practicing ahimsa in all aspects of her life… has shifted my view of the world and myself.
Ahimsa is to be practiced in all realms of your life: from what you eat, how you interact with others, how you view your external & internal world. ✨✨✨
HOW I PRACTICE AHIMSA 🤷🏼♀️Me…
I’m human. 🙈I have many insecurities. 💩I have many flaws. 🤦🏼♀️I have days of self-doubt. ☹️I have days of sadness.
And shoot… I’m on my solo travel journey, so of course I experience moments of loneliness — only when I allow it.
This practice helps me accept & let go of the toxic mindset that makes an appearance in my mind.
I may give myself a hard time for not measuring up to my own expectations… a really hard time. Such a hard time that it can trigger old unhealthy habits & welcome unwanted friends, like ED (the voice that triggers me to spiral into eating disorder or abusive behavior). When ED makes an appearance, I whip out my mindfulness & ahimsa tools to be compassionate with myself.
I deserve to approach whatever the situation is mindfully… because each day will feel different.
To accept some days are good.
To accept some days are bad.
We’re human and not everything in life is going to run smoothly. There is no reason to drain my mind with toxicity… whatever is happening is okay.
Have compassion for wherever you’re at in life.
You’ll get through it.
You always do.
We always do.
And when we embrace and accept where we’re at, and give ourselves the compassion we deserve… it’s easier to let go, move on, feel better and prevent ED.
In fact, we rise.
Oh yeah… and my diet. 🌱My plant-based, non-harm, no-violence, the only kind, the only compassionate diet. “Ahimsa is the attribute of the soul, and therefore, to be practiced by everybody in all affairs of life. If it cannot be practiced in all departments, it has no practical value.” -Ghandi📿
- ou812_5150You are like a whole bunch of Awesomeness @raquellemantra
- bergman.edNamaste 🕉🤙
- amylgirlYou are so beautiful!!
- _raerae03I literally can't take how in love I am with ur page😍😍❤️✌🏼
- nothinginstoneBeautiful we are with all our human flaws in our shadows waiting for compassion and forgiveness and mindfulness... thank you for your honesty and wisdom 🌷♥️🌷♥️🌷♥️🌷🌀🙏🏼🌀
- laquesabe_I already love your page!!!
- claudia_bs_therapies🙏💕🙏thank you !!
- yagyadeo007Namastey Ahimsa
- san_bernardiniBeautiful 😬
- mountobikeThats beautfiul said, thank you for that
- piyu_yoga@raquellemantra 💕🙏🏼🙏🏼
- myyogadeardiaryIts so hard to practice! But every day it's getting better! 💙🙏🏻✌🏻
- prettylittlejennBeautiful tattoo! 💓🌸
- fitnessmindfullnesspiritualityLove love love...beautiful soul..love your spirit and vibes🙏❤💖💫
- punitmodhgilBeautifully explained. 🙏 🕉
- cherryblossomwellnessThanks for that honest heart share 💕 you are an amazing woman 💕🌱
Log in to like or comment.