barrettpallThat's a wrap for my first Australian Mardi Gras. I had no idea that when Australians celebrated their Mardi Gras it was actually their Pride. Sydney's Mardi Gras was unlike anything I've ever seen, and I'm so glad I got to experience this festival of love, acceptance, and fun. The crowd was so diverse, and seeing the amount of people that came to either partake in the parade or watch reminded me how far we've come as a world with acceptance, but also how much farther we have to go. I'm feeling incredibly honored and privileged to get to show my pride, but my heart still feels heavy for those who have to live in fear of being authentically themselves. Growing up being "the gay kid," was torture because I was the target for a lot of hate and meanness, but it's in these moments in life that I think how lucky I am to be gay. I truly believe that it's a gift, and it allows you to exist in a very special community that you can never fully describe. To all my beautiful LGBTQ followers that are struggling with their identity know it doesn't only get better, it gets fucking amazing, and people like me will continue to show my pride to make life a little easier for you. Leave a 🌈 in the comment section if you also feel grateful. #mardigras #sydney #sydneymardigras #barrettlust #honored #blessed #grateful #gay #lgbt
- shilbert35Have you relocated?
- xryanleeSaw you at the pride. 🤗 Gourgeous!
- jakedparker_@barrettpall 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈
- miloh01mar🌈 ❤
- cabanaboy16It was great to meet you 😊
- aceguedaYou look great 👍 in speedo Barrett, seeing the Sidney Mardi Gras video, you really had so much fun and a really true experience. Congratulations and keep going what you're doing.👌👏👏👍
- mofarmboy69Such a beautiful message.....thank you for sharing this! 🌈
- erodramos@barrettpall awesome 👏🏻
Log in to like or comment.