diy_wardrobeThe bar tacks for my #gingerjeans are proving a bit of a stumbling block. My @janomeuk DKS30 keeps jamming part-way through - I think it might have an aversion to top stitching thread. So far I've tried the bar tack and zigzag stitches with the recommended foot (F, satin stitch), the buttonhole foot (with and without the stabiliser plate) and various combos of tension, stitch length, stitch width and presser foot pressure, all using a denim needle. Any suggestions I could try?
- liwarlinI use a topstiching needle, it has a bigger eye than the denim needle and the thread seems to run smother through it. And use ordinary thread in the bobbin!
- liwarlinOne more thing... For bar tacks it might be good to use ordinary thread instead of the thick one.
- heatherarnattI was also going to ask if you were using a topstitching needle, made all the difference for my bar tacks
- diy_wardrobeThank you @liwarlin and @heatherarnatt - I'll try switching needles, and then changing threads if that doesn't work. (I've got regular thread in the bobbin.)
- penguinandpearI have a dks100 and have had so many problems with buttonhole stitching. My machine has gone back to janome twice for exact reason you describe they had to readjust something in electronics
- diy_wardrobe@penguinandpear That's worrying – is it working OK now? I did some shirt buttonholes on mine OK before Christmas, but it's really struggled with this. I do feel my machine would prefer me to sew with lighterweight fabrics somehow – it wasn't very keen on melton this time last year either.
- penguinandpearIts ok atm though havent tried buttonholes recently though. Ive tried to get my money back but wasnt successful. Not happy about it. Where did you get it? If a supplier call and have a word if not phone janome. Have a back up machine though mine was gone a month first time and 2 weeks second time
- penguinandpear@diy_wardrobe i had trouble with fabrics of all weights
- diy_wardrobe@penguinandpear I really hope it starts being better behaved for you soon. I'm going to try the suggestions for different needles (and then thread) first but if I can't get it working with those then I'll get onto the shop - thanks for your help.
Log in to like or comment.