onerivermediaI told you that press conference was a must-see event! 😂 So much to love about the new URSA Mini Pro. Field-ready lens mount swaps (EF, PL, B4, Nikon), Internal ND, physical buttons/switches for ENG-like operation, multiple media options (dual CFast2 + dual SD, with SSD outboard option), digital audio inputs (yay!), full LCD camera status, and of course, the core of the 4.6K sensor features: open gate RAW/ProRes with multitude of various compression rates, HFR, 15-stops wide dynamic range, proven color science that matches the Alexa zone, and so much more. A winner by Blackmagic Design in all regards. Pretty hard to justify the cost of other cameras at this point when this one does it and more out of the box (maybe NAB will surprise us even more from the other companies!). My applause to you, Blackmagic Design! 👍
#blackmagicdesign #blackmagicursamini #ursaminipro #ursamini #ursamini46k #digitalvideo #filmproduction #videoproduction #videocamera #cameraporn #cameradepartment #cameradept #cinematography #cinematographer #directorofphotography #digitalcinema #filmmaker #filmmaking #director #producer #onerivermedia
- gregslens@onerivermedia For sure! specially the easily changeable mounts and global shutter 😍
- jakemblockDo you know if there is an Ursa mini upgrade path too? I saw that their accepting the Ursa Major but haven't heard anything else
- onerivermedia@gregslens The swappable lens mounts is HUGE! So glad they've finally done this. No global shutter though. Same exact 4.6K sensor as before.
- onerivermedia@jakemblock Unlikely. It's to give ease to those that bought a big URSA, expecting to buy a 4.6K turret, which obviously hasn't happened. This way, big URSA owners can get the 4.6K sensor in a pro body at discount, while still keeping the big URSA as a second camera.
- jakemblock@onerivermedia understandable, but sad 😥
- kylejbarrett@onerivermedia Are their cameras field ready yet? I've heard horror stories from some saying to never trust them on a paying job. I haven't done much research into the 4.6K so I'm or sure if they've improved in the low light dept. It certainly piqued my interest as I've yet to commit to a camera system.
- jeraviciousdigitalmediaWow Blackmagic continues to spoil us with great news and products! Very excited for this version of Ursa. So much packed in for not only cinema users but broadcast users as well. ND filters is huge!!!
- jeraviciousdigitalmediaAlso the new DaVinci controls are awesome! I def need to pick one of those controllers up soon
- thumpingmothfilmsI'm still waiting on the 4.6k turret, hopefully that will be out by NAB.
- restlesspicturesIt's great they have added those features. At the same time, 10 months in my original 4.6k Ursa Mini still doesn't work properly. Now sending it in for RMA for the third time! Ugh
- heliopausepicturesI ordered the mini panel. Now, I need to sell my full Elements panel.
- onerivermedia@kylejbarrett I can't speak for others, but my experience shooting with BMD cameras (since the first one in mid-2012) range from the deserts of Death Valley, the snow peaks of the Sierras, the humidity of Singapore, everything in between. From feature film production to countless corporate productions. Never an issue. And the 4.6K sensor is the icing on the cake, easily comparable in the Alexa zone. Big winner for me.
- onerivermedia@jeraviciousdigitalmedia Yeah, BMD are killing it, man. Great innovations. And the new panels are so cool!
- onerivermedia@thumpingmothfilms Yeah, I'd still love to have a 4.6K turret for our big URSA too. Congrats on ordering that new panel. Looks great!
- onerivermedia@restlesspictures So odd you're having issues with it. Ours has been bullet proof. BMD will take care of you though.
- tokuasiapicturesDamn! We just got the 4.6 not long ago. Still a fantastic camera though!
- onerivermedia@tokuasiapictures Absolutely. Still the same sensor and format options and the imagery is amazing. 👍
- javierlozadadpFantastic camera! Almost have my money right to pull the trigger!
- kylejbarrett@onerivermedia Thanks Marco. As always I appreciate the insight.
Log in to like or comment.