makeandmendlifeI've been thinking a lot about 'fear' this week, and the sobering realisation that it is never going to go away. That if I want to change stuff, then I need to 'feel the fear and do it anyway'. I always thought that phrase was a bit rubbish, but I'm starting to realise just how true it is. The scary stuff doesn't go away when we don't do it - it sticks around, taking up headspace and cluttering up our minds. The only way it goes away is if we actually do the stuff we are scared of. Then there is nothing to be scared of anymore!
I've blogged about it today, and in doing so, have faced a fear, have felt the discomfort and ploughed on regardless.
Imagine if those magnificent men and women who pioneered the first aircraft had allowed fear to keep them grounded.
What do you keep putting off? What are you going to do today that scares you?
Do share for a little shared vulnerability and accountability!
- makeandmendlife#fear #feelthefear #babysteps #coaching #changemaker #makinggood
- charlottepb42Yep I feel the fear 😒, a good list breaking down tasks helps but then you just have to go for it anyway ❤. Hope your going for it anyway works out 😊
- wendeeflysThis is something that has been on my mind recently. I have come to hate how I limit myself by not doing the things I fear, so this is the year things change. So far so good 😊
- trjfpglasgowIt is a good book 💚
- vickymyerscreationsI read this earlier today when I was attempting to feel the fear and do it anyway in my day job - none for them were big things once broken down! Thanks for the encouragement Jen :)
- makeandmendlife@charlottepb42 Thank you!
- makeandmendlife@wendeeflys That's so great to hear! How is 'your year of fear' going so far?
- makeandmendlife@vickymyerscreations That's brilliant Vicky-so pleased it helped!
- wendeeflys@makeandmendlife I have found that momentum to 'do it anyway' builds really quickly and I feel so much braver. Patting myself on the back regularly:)
Log in to like or comment.