storyandgoldphotoBack in January - my partner + I came across the artist @zoepawlak and specifically, this drawing titled Keep Me Where the Light Is II. I don't buy original art - I waste my extra money on silly little blank notebooks that I hoard and never use. But I fell so hard and so instantly that I sent an email inquiry about it. A day later I received a response - I was sitting on the train commuting back from the city when I read the polite response that it was no longer available. I know, it sounds dramatic - even I was surprised - but I was so disappointed, in-my-soul disappointed, I couldn't even talk about it. I felt confused, upset, a little disoriented, like I just woke up from a nap that went on far too long. But fast forward two months and here I am, celebrating my 12 year anniversary with @transcendkarma - the only other soul in the world who knew what this drawing meant to me (and us) and I open my gift and proceed to cry the biggest, ugliest cry I've ever cried. Or, uh, one of them. Cause of course, she was the one to inquire about it first and then managed to keep it a secret from me. And just like this drawing - I knew 12 years ago that she was meant to be mine and vice versa and I know it even more so today. ❤️❤️
- wanderluxejewelryI love this story!!!!
- marielouisewI love this ❤❤❤
- curiousnatureapothecaryAll the feels!!! 😍❤❤❤❤❤
- modernkicksnyAlso having so many feelings! It's a beautiful piece of art. Happy anniversary!
- hollylikestocookSo now I'm sobbing silently whilst cuddling a baby to sleep xxx
- stephehneph242So sweet!! What a wonderful surprise! 💜💜💜
- handhweddingsSo stunning!
- abstyledI love every thing about this!
- puppiesandcoffeeAmazing. Also, I collect amazing notebooks too. I'm not allowed to go to Michael's during Lent, it's gotten to that level. Beautiful art, beautiful story, beautifully shared, about a beautiful love.
- andnorthLove this story! ❤
- darriensegalI'm so impressed she could keep that kind of thing secret for 2 months! That must have been really hard! Congrats ☺
- msdowning1Beautiful! Happy 12 years ❤☀
- kristincrane1Love this. So sweet. (And I also love that you hoard and never use tiny notebooks.)
- davinejewelryThat is the sweetest thing! Happy anniversary! 💓💓💓
- juliesygiel🙌 love this story so much 💕
Log in to like or comment.