bretcontreras1How to hip thrust in a commercial gym off of a taller bench (how to thrust without a @the_hip_thruster). It's simple, just crawl up into position (climb your back up the bench until it is aligned with the lower scapulae) so you're hinging from the midback. Don't touch down with the barbell; reverse the reps in mid air.
At the top, you want vertical shins, weight on the heels, a forward eye gaze, a tucked chin, a flat torso, a slightly posteriorly tilted pelvis, full hip extension, and a big glute squeeze.
Alternatively, you could use an aerobics step with 4-5 risers per side. The bench in the video is 17" or 43 cm in height. A hip thruster or an aerobics step with 5 risers per side is 14" or 35.5 cm in height.
If you're not yet strong enough to use 135 lbs or 60 kgs (big plates), just pick the bar up, place it at your hips, sit down on the bench, then slide down into position. It'll be much easier when you're sufficiently strong to use the bigger plates.
I hope this is helpful to you! Thanks to @kaginaz for the demonstration. #gluteguy #glutelab #thethrustisamust
- janita_hl@tori_louisee i have the same problem
- wellfitbysimAll hail Glute God!!! Will you ever do a seminar in Toronto?
- jack2health@strengthplatform thanks.
- lacyriser@thelastooton you can do this with a barbell or on the smith machine at PF! It's hands down the best booty workout I do. @bretcontreras1 is amazing. He has some awesome YouTube videos out there as well 👍🏼
- thelastootonI need to try these things @lacyriser
- abitagirlThank you!!
- beeellazitaaaaU sound a Little bit like dr phil😬
- garnersquad6@summertanderson oh my goodness. This was so good to watch. Freddie was telling me crazy things, like put my head back and legs out. Everything felt wrong. Thanks for looking out for me! 💞
- simoneazigaSo great, this is my new favourite exercise
- email@example.com @tyler_robertson3 @halimahaque_
- aprilnparker@gascottyboy please check my form
- marcela_gil_b@bretcontreras1 thanks a very nice ilustration, I want to try it in a @the_hip_thruster I love the hip thrust. Good day!
- rbarnes1508@discoverbake have a look at this
- crossandplate@tawnigermain if you're gonna keep hip thrusters in your repertoire, check out this video to ensure you're doing them properly. Enjoy!
Log in to like or comment.