mysocalledhandmadelife#yarnlovechallenge day 28:favorite knit. I can't pick one, so I'll show one of a few favorites. My #beatniksweater by #norahgaughan was one of my first cabled projects and kind of ambitious. I knit 2 of them.
- goldberryartisansIt is stunning! I can't believe it was one of your first cabled projects!
- hellopidgepidgeI just finished the collar on my Beatnik (my first sweater!) 💚
- lilithanneHave totally been thinking of knitting another one of these sometime soon!!
- themonogamousknitterI love everything about this, Michelle! Color, cables, the fit. So gorgeous!
- woolneedleshandsI'm so happy I found your feed! I love all of your projects. ❤
- kkkarolinetteGreat one, it fits you perfectly too 💘
- makesthethingsSoooo beautiful!
- mysocalledhandmadelife@theosmenog I looked yours up on Ravelry but no photos. If you do a second one you might try the KAL posts @allysondykhuizen did for a seamless beatnik to the arms. I really appreciated the ease of it:
- mysocalledhandmadelife@theosmenog http://www.thesweatshopoflove.com/blog/2011/01/10/knit-alongs-week-1-cast-on/
- mysocalledhandmadelife@trulymyrtlephotos @clarapeggoty @omastacee @killtocraft @stefrunsknitsblogs Thanks!! Guys would you believe this is knit in bargain bin Wool Ease yarn?
- mysocalledhandmadelife@subpolka I'm a freak. 😂 I don't think I could do that now, though. I get to sleeves and want to cast on something new.
- mysocalledhandmadelife@flying_muse It's such a Ravelry classic that you must! Actually, this one fits right now, so I'm knitting a mustard Journey sweater soon as a replacement.
- mysocalledhandmadelife@inbetweendr3ams You should!! My favorite thing about it was the neckline. So retro.
- mysocalledhandmadelife@goldberryartisans Ha, read the comment below yours by @hellopidgepidge ! It did take me much longer than it would today. I kind of did nothing but knit beatnik for several weeks.
- mysocalledhandmadelife@hellopidgepidge Congrats!! That's a big deal. Isn't that neckline great?
- inbetweendr3ams@mysocalledhandmadelife I love the neckline as well. Just... the whole sweater has such a great retro vibe. Thanks for the inspiration!I was working on this sweater for NaKniSweMo and then I hurt my wrist speeding through the seed stitch on the sleeves, smh 😂😂😂 This is my year tho, I can feel it! 😉
- goldberryartisans@hellopidgepidge good for you, that's amazing! Definitely an ambitious first sweater!!
- hellopidgepidge@goldberryartisans thanks! I like to go super complicated 😂
- hellopidgepidge@mysocalledhandmadelife I'm hoping when I block it, I can emphasize the boatneck
- canada.knitsWowww. So nice ❤️
Log in to like or comment.