americanalpineI’m Sheila Hollins. My favorite mountains are the Sierra and the Dolomites, but as a Chicago-based climber I’ll climb anything that puts me on rope. Lately we took up technical tree climbing and right now I’m on an expedition climbing in the Amazon rain forest canopy. I achieved a little notoriety when “Rock & Ice” and “Accidents in North American Climbing” featured a video of a big fall I took on snow near Mt Whitney and the New York Times used a picture with me up in a Giant Redwood. I passed on the climbing gene to my 12- year-old son who recently graduated from the gym to a fearless sports climber. #aacgram @boccrew
- americanalpine#rockclimbing #boccrew #browngirlsclimb #melaninbasecamp
- ad_van_ture_bum@dumbderel what are you going on @americanalpine feed?
- dpickerlIf you haven't met Shelia in person, you should! She's hilarious, down to earth, well accomplished and just an overall good person to be around. I hope to see more of her! @americanalpine 😊🤙🏻😎
- holdbreaker😉 👊
- pennoutdooradventurePassing on that climbers itch! 👍
- outdoorstogetherThanks @boccrew !
- nick_asphodelWow gorgeous scene
- dumbderel@ad_van_ture_bum hey this is pure gold
- authorunleashedAwesome picture Sheila!!
- dudley_tylerThis is a great picture. Has character and the sincere smile said a lot. Thank you for sharing it.
- unlikelyhikers@outdoorstogether is amazing!
Log in to like or comment.