jerrysaltzNear as I can figure it these are the five NYC Art Fairs I will try to go to. In order of opening. I mainly go to the opening for the free food and ability to keep moving while keeping notes. (It's possible I won't make it to any after the first night and the disintegration of the hologram that is me.) 🌿🌿
I list only the opening date, hours, and location. I only saved one pass; you have to work out your own way in; I know how to jam my forth chakra and become invisible and just walk through the gate. 🌿🌿 And PLEASE art dealers: I love you, but please let me look; please don't do your sales pitch on a peer. Okay? Please. Be nice; say "Hi." If I have any questions I'll ask. Please. (Now excuse me while I try to lose about 15 lbs. before tomorrow.) 🌿🌿 1. The ADAA: Tuesday Febuary 28; Park Ave. Armory at 67th St. (Best finger food of the year #PulledPork)🌿🌿 2. Spring Break; Tuesday Feb. 28; 4 Times Sq. at 43rd St. / I really saw a lot of good stuff at this one last year. (Again, dealers - spaces are cramped here, I'm skittish and spook easily so just let me fucking look!) 🌿🌿 3. The Armory Show: This is the huge double pier show in Piers 92 & 94. Wednesday March 1. Find a way in here; throw everything you've got at the NORTHERN Pier the one at 54th St. 🌿🌿 4. Independent; Thursday March 2; 50 Varick Street - between Laight & Beach (I guess this is the Cool Kids Fair - so act cool here; try to hold it together.) 🌿🌿 5. NADA: Thursday March 2; 572 Washington St. between Houston & Clarkson (Feel free to list any/all of the others.)
- hhildebrandmillsWatch out tomorrow. Big eclipse. End of a cycle starting Jan 2009. May be a good thing. For me it is. Hope it is for you. 🌙🌜🌛🌞🌝🌚🌔🌓🌒🌑🌘🌗🌖🌕!!!!!!!!@jerrysaltz
- mgrmgmYou're gonna need some hot java!
- meganschaefferI'm going to Art on Paper, Scope, and Clio, along with those listed above over the course of the week + weekend. Should be exhaustingly fun I hope
- evblanchardAnd you didn't mention SCOPE and Art on Paper ;-). It is a BUSY week!
- peternagy1959Sounds like waterboarding to me!
- noncesenseOh @jerrysaltz don't skip Pier 92 (southern Pier)!! We've got a whole new floor plan and exhibitors you'll be sure to appreciate! Plus some excellent food
- sukibecks@jerrysaltz Wait, February is over?
- nitin__shrofflove "jam my fourth chakra" :)! xxx
- andrea_franchini@jerrysaltz come by to refill your black coffee at our lounge @hotelamericano @thearmoryshow
- weezielaI love you!
- linda.gwen100You are hilarious @jerrysaltz - skittish and easily spooked!! #makeroomforthepulledpork
- spy.emersonHey @jerrysaltz you going to the Venice Biennale this year? I'm here now watching the Mark Bradford install and it looks great so far!
- oberst.carolynOthers, too. Too many in one weekend!
- _oharamarsSo happy to hear that someone else gets annoyed by art dealers pushing their sales pitch down your throat. All I want to do is look 👀 too. Like you, if I'm interested I'll ask questions.
- shona_mcandrewSee you at Spring Break!
Log in to like or comment.