studiobicycletteOver the past few days, I’ve experienced a few situations that left me feeling challenged as a creative. We’re talking tears, breakdowns and “what the ___ am I doing” frustrated.⠀
Since I shed the title of “boutique owner” two years ago, I’m constantly challenged by where I fit in to the creative world. Don’t get me wrong, I know I DO fit, but when I try to explain what I do, I still struggle. I don’t quite identify under any one label, so though I often find myself in the role of stylist, photographer, or graphic designer, it never quite sums it up and I don’t feel like any of those roles fit the mix of what I do, nor am I an expert to the extent of so many talented souls I’m surrounded by. So it leaves me struggling to describe what it is I do and what I bring to the table as a creative. ⠀⠀
I think in a world that likes things wrapped up in easy-to-understand, clearly labelled packages, it can be difficult when we feel like the lines are blurred or we don’t fit into one pretty little box. So here’s to all you multi-passionate, multi-talented and title-less creatives — the struggle is real (I'm right there with you), and this one’s for you
- andkathleenHave you watched Abstract on Netflix? I think most amazing artists do lots of different things! You got this.
- royalnomadclothing📷 Picture perfect!
- planolyWe're with you too and have been through this many times over and over! 💓😘 When people ask what I do, I just say, "what don't I do?!!" 😜 xx -B
- breeynmccarneyI wanna talk about this more when I'm home! 😘✨
- infinirosesSo beautiful
- studiobicyclette@nurtureretreats I love how you word that, "through your heart/mind/aesthetic" — that's such an important piece of the puzzle, isn't it? Thank you 💕
- studiobicyclette@kaylahollatz I think it's a struggle that so many of us face in some capacity. I'd love to hear what your answer to this is... so maybe that means it's time for a chat soon?! (And thank you! The feeling is SO mutual!)
- studiobicycletteThank you @jordanderuiter! I know this is something that so many of us face on a regular basis. That's why we all need to stick together!
- studiobicyclette@anaalic Tell me about it — having to write bios brings up so many of these feelings! And I'm so with you on ditching the one title thing. Or maybe we can just stick with "creators" and leave a little mystery in it! Love ya 💕
- studiobicyclette@artandanthem Yes! That is such a great point, I think we're in a very different place now that doesn't necessarily abide by those traditional roles or titles. Here's to the new wave...
- studiobicyclette@paperinkart Yes! "Art Director" or "Creative Director" it technically my "official" title, as I feel like it covers a lot of what I do, and the overall role. But then of course there's so much more once you get into the details. Thank you so much for your comment by the way — so lovely!
- studiobicyclette@thestatementcake So true! Sometimes it can be hard to remember that, which is exactly what I'm working on :) I kind of love your description though — thank you!
- studiobicyclette@randomactsofpastel Our date the other night was exactly what I needed! And of course pizza always helps too 💕
- studiobicyclette@andkathleen No, but I am totally adding that to my list now. And I would totally tend to agree with you, but of course it's always the hardest when it comes to our own self-perceptions. Thank you :)
- studiobicyclette@planoly That might just be the best answer ever! Totally stealing that 😉
- studiobicyclette@breeynmccarney Yes, absolutely! I think we're due for a catch-up anyways!
- kaylahollatz@studiobicyclette A chat would be SO nice! Love! 😘
- lexxndraSuper cool
- blushshopYou are the whole package! 👌🏻💕
Log in to like or comment.