muddleandjoyWednesday are for mountains...becuase without mountains, I'm not sure I could get through the week! Thank goodness I have these in Rocky Mountain National Park to look forward to. Maybe a visit is in order this weekend....⠀
10 Fun Facts about Rocky Mountain National Park!⠀
1) Trail Ridge Road has roughly 11 miles of the driving above treeline. (And people bike it!) ⠀
2) Inside Rocky Mountain National Park, there are 5 campgrounds with 585 campsites. ⠀
3) Before 1978, there were very few moose in Rocky Mountain National Park. In 1978 and 1979, 24 moose were relocated from Wyoming, and by 1994, the herd had grown to 700 moose. Today, most of the moose in Rocky Mountain National Park are on the western side, in and near Grand Lake. ⠀
4) There are 600 buildings inside Rocky Mountain National Park, 150 of which are historic structures. ⠀
5) Rocky Mountain National Park averages around 3 million visitors a year. ⠀
6) Hundreds of species of animals inhabit the park, including moose, elk, deer, bighorn sheep, cougar, bear, fox, bobcat, marmot, beaver, porcupine, and badger, among others. Several species of fish, including 4 different species of trout, inhabit the park’s lakes and streams. ⠀
7) Some 282 species of birds have been reported to inhabit or visit the area since the designation of Rocky Mountain National Park in 1915. ⠀
8) Roughly 355 miles of trails are maintained for hiking within Rocky Mountain National Park. ⠀
9) The park contains 450 miles of streams and 156 lakes. ⠀
10) Longs Peak is the tallest mountain in the park, with peak elevation of 14, 259 feet.⠀
Info source: http://grandlakechamber.com/rocky-mountain-national-park-facts/⠀
- muddleandjoy#choosemountains #themountainsarecalling #homeiswhereyoustakeit #mountainbabes #mountaingirl #mountainlife #likeamountaingirl #womenwhohike #lifeofadventure #letsgosomewhere #liveyouradventure #stayandwander #wildernessculture #thegreatoutdoors #staywild #keepitwild #getoutstayout #gooutside #optoutside #getoutdoors #livelifeoutside #coloradogram #coloradotography #coloradolife #coloradolive #rockymountainnationalpark #goparks #findyourpark #rmnp ⠀
- lifeoftravelsI want to go there!!!
- muddleandjoy@lifeoftravels oh, you'll see it. It's only 15min from the cabin! 😉
- nuanaarpuqGreat stuff!
- noah2306_Nice Work👍
Log in to like or comment.