marthastewart48When I bought my home in Seal Harbor, the first person to formally welcome me was David Rockefeller. He drove himself to my Edsel Ford house, a house with which he was very familiar, and personally introduced me to a bit of the history of the neighborhood. For the next nineteen years, David Rockefeller was a "regular" friend, sharing his skills of boat captain, on SeaSmoke, driving us generously through the Park in his horse drawn carriage, playing croquet on his seaside lawn, and all the while educating us about a life well lived, his life, setting for me and my family a standard of excellence not only in daily existence- never give up- but in philanthropy and conservation efforts. I will always consider him my first and best Maine friend".
- marferg7Lovely tribute and memories
- pbk.22Such a great man. A true friend. Seal Harbor will not be the same without him. Cherishing the most special times.
- jeffreybilhuberI also recall enchanting stories of 🌲 trees outlining the driveway in winter and pine needles covering paths in summer.
- dogtalkwoofI always loved going to their apartment in NYC during my Glorious Food Days in the early 80's. Those were the days & the nicest family! So nice to also know him through the Douglas's. Nice Post! Love JuneBug
- terre.blairAn amazing gentleman who will be greatly missed !
- amy.barnwellYou have had the most extraordinary experiences. What a great guy!
- clarepotternyMartha, so beautifully said!
- jsherburne17So grateful for him and his family's gifts to my state of Maine.
- juliesjewels17Sounds so dreamy why is that person doing thumbs down strange
- jimjimcopesHi Martha, are you available for a date?
- thehairymushroomlovely story-lovely man
- wcoastdrming_I'm sorry this last week has been so difficult for you. I still miss the shows with your Mom. Gone but always in our hearts 💐🌻💐
- diner2455Great story, Martha😊
- kcpetroskiRest In Peace Mr. Rockefeller 🙏🏻
- ogknownforsmoking@juliesjewels17 because he wasn't the greatest. Reading is fundamental.
Log in to like or comment.