donny_pangilinanThis person literally means the world to me. Just felt like sharing a few things about her. Not many people know the effect she has had in my life. Ito po si Mamang, my great grandmother - and yes, she is still alive and very strong. But she is much more than just my great grandmother. She is my best friend. My family used to live in QC and she lived with us from day 1. She watched me grow and took care of the children when my parents were busy. She'd accompany me to all my activities from tennis practice to school clubs - or even just when I would walk around our village in the afternoon and needed a companion. She'd tell me so many people stories - and I would look forward to them everyday. My favorite ones were those from the World War II - they were so exciting and detailed with her experiences as a kid (bombings, surviving this attack, etc). Among all the members in our family, it was the two of us who were the closest. She had this unique, powerful effect on me that no one had. She has the kindest heart and was willing to do anything for me - even if it meant her having to exert all her energy just to see me happy. When everyone was busy and I needed someone to play with or talk to - Mamang was there. She knew the exact words to say to put a smile on my face when I was down. She was the last one to give up on me - and believed in me like no one else did. Even at age 85, she still finished many Fun Runs and won so many awards as oldest finisher, which made everyone look up to her even more.
As time passed, my family moved houses and she started living with her daughter instead (my lola) since it was easier for her, taking all things in consideration. I was not able to see her everyday anymore. Her dementia also started to get more serious - and now she barely remembers a lot of things like our names and past happenings. If we're lucky she will say "Hi Don" (what she used to call me) and it would make everyone smile. This woman turns 94 today. And even if she barely recognizes me now, I was in shock with what she told me when I visited her yesterday. "Mahal na mahal pa rin kita kahit malayo na tayo sa isa't isa." Happy birthday Mamang! I love you ❤️
- jirahsupiterYour bio is everything and this pic is priceless
- nyliiecaEven if it's very very late but it's better than never. Belated happy birthday to your Mamang and I wish her an even more long life. As I read the cap I was moved bcs I remembered my 97 years old grandmother but she's now somewhere far I can never go until it's my time.
- trishaxmilesdonnyyyyyyy hahahahhhah
- langitsky@donny_pangilinan pls. Pretty pls😭😭😭😍😍?p pls notice me😭😘
- satorretrishathis made me smile. ❤
- ruthiiiieeU just...... nvm but ❤
- badreppiaToo precious
- yvetteparisSo sweet. This made me smile, i so love my lola too ♥️
- denielleee_eeeWow! Hail to the lolas! Ive been raised with my grandma too. Love from your parents and love from your grandmas are different.
- itsme_jhonkarlosweet ni IDOL!!!!
- abamongsisme@donny_pangilinan I am crying.
- farichan_desuVery touching 😭😍 btw, do you also play tennis? 😱😍😍😍
- apungistangNo wonder bakit ka mabait na bata kasi laki ka din sa Lola . Sana sa susunod kong Buhay maka tagpo ako ng isang mabait na kagaya mo.
- khiannelyndseyI literally cried while I was reading the caption and my heart melts
- kenn.alI love it 💕💖
Log in to like or comment.