learninginhandThe color splash effect turns a photo black and white but leaves color in specific spots. It’s a great artistic effect for drawing attention to something. The effect can also make text added to the photo easier to read. You can use the free Autodesk Pixlr app on iOS and Android or go to pixlr.com/express on Mac, Windows & Chrome to apply the splash effect to a photo. Pixlr converts the entire photo to black and white. You then use a brush to add color back to the photo.
- learninginhandPixlr is certainly not the only tool for the color splash effect. Many other apps and websites also have a similar feature. I like Pixlr because it’s free and does not require a login. It does, however, have some ads along the side. I do like that there are free Pixlr apps for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire.
- learninginhandText that you add to the gray part of a photo can really pop. It’s usually harder to read text over a colorful background, so using this technique can improve readability.
- learninginhand#teachersofinstagram #edtech #infopics #colorsplash #pixlr #neta17 #i11i #iteach
- learninginhandI saw a post from @BarbinNebraska a while back. She had a brilliant use for the color splash effect: She had a student pose holding a book. She made the photo black and white but kept the book cover's color. In her series of photos, the books really stood out and made great visuals for book reviews.
- learninginhandAnother way to put the splash effect to good use? Color landmarks on a screenshot of a map's satellite view.
- barbinnebraskaThanks for the shout out Tony! I reposted one of my examples at @barbinnebraska if anyone wants to see it. @learninginhand
- mssarabrooksI have used the same effect to focus attention on the photo.]
Log in to like or comment.