- faceonomicsI have a ton of blush. It's my favorite makeup item. I am trying to plan my #sephorasale order and for the last month I've had between 3 and 6 blushes in my cart!
I managed to talk myself down and out of ALL of them because I realized I either already have FUNCTIONAL dupes or I can mix the ones I own for a similar effect.
I need to remember that I do not need one of each unique shade and finish in ALL categories
I already own so many beautiful colors that it's a shame to introduce something new that "takes away" from my ability to wear what I have in my existing collection.
It's important for me to weigh the time I save by having "unique" individual shades with the amount of product I already have and love...at a certain point I have to stop and say that's enough. Plus it means if I see a single blush that's super appealing sometime in the next year...I can just buy that one, by itself
20% off is still 80% on and if I wasn't going to spend the money in the first place I am not really saving. Sales are useful for some things but overall they encourage me to buy more than I'm actually comfortable with.
#beautyblogger #makeupblogger #makeuprehab #whatimnotbuyingin2017 #panningcommunity #projectpan2017 #mindfulness #makeupaddict #dontneedit #notgonnabuyit #kimberlyclark #antihaul #sephorasaleantihaul #TMO #talkmeout #nobuy #nobuy2017 #makeupnobuy @kimberlyclarkofficial
- idrinkwineandpaintnails_Girl you are GOOD. Every point you've made here is spot on!
- truthlackslyricismExcellent points 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼
- jenniferwallenfelsIt's so true when you say you do not need every shade, in every finish possible. This is even more true for some other makeup categories I think, like nail polish, and eyeshadow. It's so easy to think our purchase is justified because something is slightly different than everything else we own. But it's also pretty easy to make the shift and realize, we can mix that!!
- faceonomics@truthlackslyricism @idrinkwineandpaintnails_ 👍🏻
- faceonomics@jenniferwallenfels yes! We get pretty entrenched in this idea of "is it a dupe" without realizing...just bc we don't own a color dupe doesn't mean we NEED one! And like you said mixing is an option that's free and easy, but I always forget about it. I need to make that a goal this year- especially mixing blush.
- faceonomics@kimberlyclarkofficial OH SHIT HEY. The makeuprehab sub on Reddit loves you! Keep up all the great work.
- bugglebellsThere are two blushes in my cart right now... trying to talk myself down but it's hard! I'm really good with complexion products like primer and concealer and all that but when it comes to color cosmetics I lose my mind. I'm on a full ban for lipsticks that I've stuck to for a couple months now but blushes are my ultimate weakness.
- berenlim@kimberlyclarkofficial it's kimberly clark clark clark (kaboom) !
- miss.jrUrgh I have that exact hourglass blush in my cart now, but I will have to check temptalia for any near dupes I already own before the sale. Darn beautiful hourglass package!!
- thefrosteddonutTotally relate to everything you said in the caption haha
- firstname.lastname@example.org it's easy to be seduced...always make sure it's something you REALLY want and need before getting it :)
- minax128I'm so glad I don't live in the US, that many blushes is a problem I'd like to have 😁