pippyjbrooksIt's always amazing to me how God gives us gifts we never could never imagine as we step out to follow Him.
Danny and I love coffee, love learning about it and have dreamed one day of roasting our own etc. It was a someday/somewhere dream we had just filed away as "probably won't happen in our lives.." The Ga'dang people in Mountain Province grow coffee. My neighbors are growing and drinking the best, freshest brewed coffee out here in the middle of the jungle!
Then yesterday the sweetest lady who has given us tropical fruit, root vegetables and warm words of welcome since we arrived came and called us up to her house. We had bought some beans to take home and she agreed to teaching us how she roasts the beans. I could hardly contain myself!
We got our first lesson in roasting coffee. We got to try doing it ourselves. And it wasn't in some fancy coffee farm retreat. But it was also doing what we love best; taking baby steps in learning from the people here, extending a hand of friendship and asking them gently and carefully to teach us about their lives so one day, by God's grace, we can teach them from the Word of Life. Each day in following Jesus is grace upon grace.
@danny1brooks has a few more pics on his feed of this if you are interested.
- yasminnasonThis makes me smile.... God is so faithful my dear friend.... what a difference a week makes... and you are NOT going to want a flavorless Starbucks in two weeks after having THAT!!
- yasminnasonBut we're still going!
- elladangentileSo encouraging to hear of the Good gifts he gives ..
- committedsalmonGod is SO good. He cares about what may seem like little things, but they are our passions. Or something that we need to help us heal, and He just lets us know He hears. I had one of those experiences over the weekend and I'm still smiling.
- teenapriceThis is amazing!! Love love love how God is already working!!! Love reading your story. You are speaking to my heart. ❤
- conniemaebSooooo cool!
- gailsadventuresI love this!
- merry4jesusSo great!
- outoftheboxmamaThat's amazing! I live seeing how God works in the small things!
- kristinepritchardWow !!! Love this I'll be thinking of ya today as I drink my coffee thinking I wonder what Pippys taste like 😚
- bethanyjospearsThis is so cool! Mmmm maybe I can buy some beans off y'all when we see each again. 😉
Log in to like or comment.