natgeoPhoto by @BrianSkerry.
A Southern Right Whale and a diver swim together in the frigid waters of New Zealand’s Sub-Antarctic Auckland Islands during wintertime. These enormous whales can reach lengths of 45 feet and weights of over 70 tons.
North Atlantic Right Whales, cousins of the whale photographed here, are the most endangered whales on the planet - with only about 500 remaining. Though the Southern Rights are also endangered, their populations have increased since the whaling days due to increased regulation and geographic distance from shipping and hunting lanes. Photographed on assignment for @NatGeo Magazine.
To see more underwater photography, and to learn more about my adventures around the world, follow me, @BrianSkerry, on Instagram.
#southern #right #whales #endangered #species #new #zealand #nat #geo #underwater #photography #national #geographic #photooftheday #whaling #protection #whale #onassignment #natgeo #nationalgeographic
- addison.vancee@savyrich1104 im the whale and you're the diver
- cavadhasani@jamala____ directe baxarsinizdaa
- moorkamalMy world
- nelsonfabiomontoyaGran pez
- _shelbyyann_@dylanbphillips if it was facing the other way would it be a Southern Left Whale?
- steuerspeachesWow beautiful
- liam_jm_Sophia? @andrew.stern8
- didemsenongan_homoserk kuyruk yüzgeci??? @seydanrozkn @nazlicanbdl @burcuu_bas
- nazlicanbdl@didemsenongan_ @seydanrozkn @burcuu_bas bilateral simetrili bir deniz memelisi.... Pelvik yuzgecleri korelmis sanirsam
- raouf2189رائعة جدا جدا 😍
- ccrawley97@jacky_nolan oh look its me
- firstname.lastname@example.org @_mondie barnacles 😷🤢
- mike.117@_micarose 🤢🤢🤢
- _mondie@_micarose oh my god that's sickening 😂😂😭
Log in to like or comment.