stevestrehlEscaping to the desert near Escalante tomorrow for the rest of the week. Grand Staircase- Escalante National Monument is one of my favorite places in the world. Utah's governor and our nation's President are planning on cutting the public land by over half for the oil, sawmill, and mining industry to grow, even though the tourism and recreation industry has brought larger economic growth to the area. This removal of land could set a precedent to downsize all of our protected areas and make them temporary based on who is in the White House. I hope those who care about American parks and monuments to call Sens. Gardner (303-391-5777) and Bennet (303-455-7600), the President (202-456-1111), Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke (202-208-3100), and Utah Gov. Gary Herbert (801-538-1000) urging the existing monument to be retained as is. Link in my bio on how you can act. #ProtectPublicLands
- jaredbarinqueSteve awesome shot man, while you were here did u check out coyote gultch?
- stevestrehl@yoitschrisb 😂
- stevestrehl@trishchitown you are the best! Taking my friend from Chicago down there!
- stevestrehl@nickkhansonn thanks man ✌🏻
- stevestrehl@jojulia 😊😊
- stevestrehl@asyrafacha it was gorgeous!
- firstname.lastname@example.org something like that I guess lol
- stevestrehl@jaredbarinque I'm actually headed there today and going into coyote gulch!
- jaredbarinqueSweet! Some of my buddies and I are going in the summer, looking forward to seeing your photos 👍🏽
- stevestrehlThanks man! Hopefully it's still public land when you go @jaredbarinque
- yoitschrisb@stevestrehl look at you responding to all us folks👊🏼MVP type shiiiieeeet
- stevestrehlI'm bored at work haha @yoitschrisb and I like people who take time out of there day to write something nice
- stevestrehlOr funny
- yoitschrisb@stevestrehl Roger that, boss!
- alex.weltHeading down there tomorrow too!
- email@example.com hell ya! Have a blast
- camping_stagramMarvelous post
Log in to like or comment.