betrayaltraumarecoveryI've felt the effects of eating junk food for days. I have been feeling sluggish and disconnected. I took some time to do a check-in with my emotions and journal about recent triggers. I haven't dealt with the triggers using recovery tools which led me to disconnect from myself and then to stop caring for my body. Now that I feel reconnected, I'm ready to take care of my body again. I'm so thankful for my recovery tools to help me get back on track when I fall off!
What have you done for self care today?
- savvygreystylesSo so true
- youngandthetoothlessYes I'm a stress eater!
- thebabylookbookEating junk is the worst.
- betrayaltraumarecovery@thebabylookbook Agreed 🙈
- divorcedandthrivingOh, I like that!! 💜
- goodnessgraciouslivingSelf care is so important. Sometimes eating is a coping skill, and sometimes you use other tools. Be kind to yourself and keep moving forward 💕
- scabologyHello! Yes! This is totally true!
- keciahambrickThis is so true.
- yourinnerartistRecently went vegetarian,dairy free. More avocados please. Not saying my diet choices are for everyone but I definitely feel more true to myself and grounded when I'm not eating animals. My husband rejected this for so many years and I would struggling to make meals on a budget with his desire for rich, meat meals met. Now I just focus on healthy, creative meals that bring me joy to make and eat!!
- michellemorales.nlVery true
- curlykoriI had a bubble bath and ate chocolate covered strawberries.
- betrayaltraumarecovery@curlykori ohh! Yes please! 🍓 🍫 🛀
- betrayaltraumarecovery@yourinnerartist I love it! I've recently found I feel better with no dairy or grains. I think you just have to find what works for you! 💙
- fiddlediddlesSo true!
- prettylovedblogAmen. Respect your body
- daughter_of_a_king_2015I am still working on this one. I believe strongly that my trauma triggered a food addiction in me. I am still figuring out how to treat my body well, but I am getting there
- betrayaltraumarecovery@daughter_of_a_king_2015 One day at a time :) 💙
- tmendy17I need to do better at this!! Sugar is my weakness!! I did better today and will keep working at it. For my self care I had a follow up EMDR appointment with my therapist. This type of therapy has been a HUGE step for me
- betrayaltraumarecovery@tmendy17 I'm so glad! Keep it up 😘
Log in to like or comment.