bbcnews20 MAR: A volunteer cleans a flooded home, after rivers breached their banks due to torrential rains, causing flooding and widespread destruction in Cajamarquilla, Lima. At least 72 people have died in several days of floods and mudslides triggered by heavy rains in Peru, officials say. The floods - the worst in almost 30 years - have affected over half the country. More than 800 towns and cities have declared a state of emergency. The capital, Lima, has been without water since Monday and services are only now being restored. The armed forces have been deployed to help police control law and order across Peru. There are shortages of food and water in many areas and prices have risen by 5% on average in the past week, the government said. PHOTO: REUTERS/Mariana Bazo
#BBCSnapshot #photojournalism #mud #floods #Peru #destruction #lima
- applehead1015Thanks again for posting this! Any and all donations are welcomed! Massive flash floods have caused devastation all over the country. Most have no food or clean water. Home are gone.
- marie_88keysWow..what a great pic. !
- fonchobagginsThe will to help has been amazing, even when people were not in the best conditions they volunteered. Tough times, but we are one!!
- clauss08225%??? Is over 200% or more prices have risen... please pray and help us
- kariaceve#RiseUpPeru you can contribute by donating to the Red Cross in order yo support our emergency https://www.ammado.com/community/193613
- latif2015ahmadiسال نو1396رابراي همه دوستان تبريد ميگم
- peruvian_organizationAs you may know what Peru is going through is heartbreaking..Please im begin every single one of you to Help us and Donate for this good cause...We're a Non profit Organization that has Volunteers helping the people that are in deep need all over Peru, at the moment our volunteers are Helping the City of Trujillo..You may just read it and say Eh...but Seriously you have no idea how much you could help us, even 3 dollars feeds a child for a day, there's over half. A million families that have lost everything!! Please take a few seconds of your time and Donate anything you may want to help us with..any donation counts..THE LINK FOR DONATIONS IS IN MY BIO!!!! thank you and may god bless you #donation #donate
- saraheme_How can I volunteer?🙋
- ant_of_blackpoolLancashire water after fracking
- gohar.shahidWell appreciated
- amymarie1965I hope Panoa is safe. Mission trip in 2009. Loved those people. ❤
- startdesigngroupHelp @ www.peruayuda.com
- mojtaba_00236ری استارت
Log in to like or comment.