fiddysnailsMonday seems a good time to drop reviews of some things I don't care for. First up, the #Bonvivant Bonmask Hydro Nude Gel hydrogel masks.
#PRsample disclosures: These products were provided by @memebox.
Memebox sent over five each of the Moisturizing, Firming, and Relaxing flavors of these masks. I've have since used at least two of each flavor.
The Bonmasks come folded up with a thin backing that holds the sheets' shape while you apply them. You take the backing off after the mask is on your face. Takes a bit of getting used to but isn't an problem. Unfortunately, once the backing is off, the Bonmasks feel more like plastic than gel.
They aren't as stiff as some Innisfree or Botanic Farm hydrogels I've tried, but they're stiff enough that they never fit quite perfectly on my face, especially around the edges, where they don't lie flat.
The gel sheets also aren't very juicy. This is made worse by the way they're folded, with the backing on the outside, which prevents the masks from soaking up as much essence from the packet as they otherwise could. Even if I pregame by applying some of the loose essence to my face before putting on the mask, these dry out in just a little over 30 minutes.
Once dry, the sheets feel even more like plastic. It's weird. Unpleasant.
Too bad, because actually, these masks have some ingredients I really like putting on my face. The Firming flavor has plankton extract. The Relaxing (which is for calming troubled skin) has tea tree, chamomile, and centella asiatica. The Moisturizing has fucus vesiculosus, a type of seaweed.
Firming had the best results for me, with a noticeable lifting and smoothing effect. The Moisturizing was okay: hydrating enough but not noteworthy. Relaxing calmed some redness I had and gave a little hydration as well.
At $2 apiece, these masks are less expensive than many hydrogels, but they're also not as awesome. YMMV and you may like these more than I do, but they're just not for me.
#fiftyshadesofsnail #rasianbeauty #abcommunity #skincare #beauty #maskreview #skincarereview #beautyreview #maskaddict #sheetmasks #skincareaddict #beautyjunkie #instablogger #instaskincare
- cindysojourningHaven't given Bonvivant much thought yet when I'm shopping at Memebox. Have you liked any of their other products, Fiddy?
- fiddysnails@cindysojourning Yeah I have! I like their Age Cover masks, which are two piece microfiber masks with creamy essence. Their Botanical Mask Pack masks are pretty good too. Those are more standard hydrating everyday masks. The only other Bonvivant product I really don't like is their cream mask (I think it's called illuminator Age Cover Cream Mask), which is pretty much just white cast cream.
- butfirstskincareOh noooo! I have been seeing these everywhere. Def won't be purchasing now! I always trust you.
- katie.thuy@fiddysnails omg I bought these hydro gel nude masks thinking they were going to be so bomb but I feel like they don't even do anything 😭 they're so dry like you said and I thought I was just maybe putting them on wrong but after reading your review, these masks really do just suck!
- fiddysnails@butfirstskincare Thank you! I mean, I'm sure they're fine for someone with different taste and skin than me, but man I am bummed about these. A super thin hydrogel that isn't a biocellulose face condom should be awesome!
- summysgrammySuch a shame. They sound perfect on the surface, but as with everything nothing is quite right for everyone. I'd love to try a hydrogel with tea tree. Could you recommend a decent one please?
- fiddysnails@summysgrammy Hm tea tree is usually for troubled skin, so I haven't used it much, but let me have a think and a look around and hopefully I can come up with something! Are you wanting it for acne?
Log in to like or comment.