the.brave.lifeLately I've been doing so much thinking about what matters most in life and how to live in response to that. If you're a blog follower from way back in the day you might remember me mentioning my brother's health issues. These past few months he's been dealing with some new episodes landing him in the hospital multiple times. As Dan and I have been thinking about where we will move once our time here in Anchorage is done, I'm realizing more and more how much being close to the friends and family we love matters. In the end relationships are the only things that really matter. Approaching big decisions by looking through that lens makes things a lot more clear.
- amylisajMy husband and I had a similar realisation not so long ago. We are currently in the process of moving back closer to our friends and family. It's funny how your perception on life changes when you become a parent too (our little girl is nearly 9 months now! 🙊). There are all sorts of new things to consider, which may not have been considered before. I completely agree that relationships are the only thing that matter. Sending healing thoughts to your brother and big hugs to you. Cannot wait to see where life takes you next ✌🏻(Following your blog since 2011. I stopped blogging last year 🙈) xo
- cristinaelisemorenoI hope that all goes well for you and your family.
- contrarykiwiI'm sorry that your bro is having health trouble at the moment. I hope he'll be able to get through them ok.
- careyhelmickI'm so sorry about your brother's health troubles! My husband and I are in the same position. We moved from CA where ALL the family is to VA for work after we got married. We loved the adventure, but now that we have the first grandbaby on both sides along for the ride, it's so hard to think about him growing up so far away from our parents. We didn't think we wanted to move back but time with family is the most valuable thing in the world. ❤️
- kaelagailSorry to hear that.
- sarahbergrenSo true! I moved across the country from my family when I was 25. I always knew it would be temporary but it was after my dad suffered a bad accident that I finally moved back to Oregon. I just couldn't handle being 3000 miles away when I needed to be with my family and I've appreciated them more than ever. I hope your brother is feeling better soon.
- daynacunninghamSame position here. We moved from Ontario Canada all the way across the country to Vancouver BC. Now that we have a little 6 month old our perspective I've had changed. We're giving it one more year before we will be moving back to be closer to family . Sorry to hear about your brother.
- hoopesparkstudiosBest of luck to your brother, hope he is getting good care! Family is everything. I moved 6 months ago to be near family and it was the best move I've made yet. My sister and I discuss this often and want to stay near each other from now on.
Log in to like or comment.