sistasinzionToday was a good day. One of those worship services where every meeting fed my soul. Sacrament meeting, Sunday school, and Relief Society, all amazing. I'm talking, I did not roll my eyes not one time today. Like, not even in the hallway. Some of y'all are wondering, how much does this girl roll her eyes at church? The answer is WAY TOO MUCH. And it's not just because of the sign on my forehead that apparently says, "Please tell me your crazy comments." It's mostly cause God likes to answer my prayers in public places so that I can't talk back and audibly protest like I do at home. In public, I have to hold my tongue and just give God my, "Can we talk about this later look." But God is like, "Naw, I'ma tell you right here so you can be quiet, sit with it, and ponder on it before I have to hear your mouth." Well, after church, I spent a moment trying to figure out why today was good, what made the difference? I couldn't put my finger on anything special, then that adversarial voice crept in and suggested that maybe my week was so crappy that my criteria for a good day had become exceptionally low. But I was not about to have my Holy-Ghost-high worn off, so I said, #NotTodaySatan, and kept pondering.
. . .
I finally realized that I wasn't going to find anything out-of-the-ordinary. Today is our God given day of rest. It happens every week, like clock work, and we come as we are, we renew, we receive, and we help restore others. It will always be there for me, because God promises to give me rest when I am weary. When thirsty, I need only come to the well, for the Living Water is always waiting. Today my depleting week had just served to make me hyperaware of God filling my cup. Sometimes we become so used to God's grace that we forget to be amazed by it. God's gift of the #sabbath is given to me regularly, but I was searching for something rare in order to recognize it. So the answer is, my day was extraordinary because it was ordinary, it was simply Sunday.
Be blessed Saints, #ZandraVranes ❤❤❤
#sharegoodness #dressedupforjesus #sundaybest #sundaystyle #mormonswag #BecauseofHim
- swankier38You are awesome. Love this so much, eye rolls included😂❤
- gigigriffisAs I come to think about it, I didn't 🙄 roll my eyes either!! That's a great sabbath day! Have a blessed week! ❤️
- rebbryantLove this! Thanks for sharing ❤️
- lvquiltergirlYou are more mature then I apparently. I roll my eyes every Sunday and even a few "you did not just say that!" looks. Great thoughts. I will have to be better. Except when someone preaches not quite right doctrine. Then I can't shut up. 👵🏼🙄🙅
- jaimeleighphotographyI needed this! Thank you 💕
- denaveyMy goal next week: no eye rolls. ❌🙄 Thanks for the inspiration.
- rosepfinchLove your posts!
- lisabugkWow, just wow! You said it perfectly. Sometimes we get used to God's Grace and we cease to be amazed by it! Thank you for opening my eyes again!
- ademke@madsbruggeman @carlydemke she is my favorite
- dateweeklyFavorite post of the day. ❤️
- ofatonga64Love love this post! Thank you!!! ❤
- davidsonbeccaLove this post and I love this photo!
- kiwibean87This is great!! It's also my life, right now at least
- mintarrowLove this
- mrsneerings❤this post, it reminded me of one of my favorite songs... "It's not that unusual
When everything is beautiful
It's just another ordinary miracle today" - Ordinary Miracle by Sarah McLachlan
- evabinghamLove this!
- crissyhorton145Oh man, I've been having some eye roll moments too and it may or may not be over comments of a political nature. I'm definitely in the minority in my area. This makes me feel better that others have eye roll moments. Thanks so much for sharing!! 💜💜💜💜
- diana_hodgesThank you for your honest, funny, beautiful words!
- jennabyrrdYour honesty is refreshing and necessary 💟
- msinjeaniousIf I could capitalize ❤️ I would. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️. 😂😂😂🙄😂❤️❤️
Log in to like or comment.