writingwithstyleWhen I finished my rough draft, I immediately printed it out (over 90 pages) and brought it with me everywhere I went. It quickly became busted up, its papers crumpled and folded.
This is a pretty accurate representation of what it's like to release your story into the world.
On your computer, your novel may be crisp and pristine, but once you begin sharing it with others, you realize all the flaws, marks, and imperfections that it contains. I've started giving snippets of my novel to others, and honestly, it isn't easy. But we have to be brave enough to share our stories, because that's the only way we'll see them clearly.
And then, we will write them again. Because writers rewrite. ✍🏻✍🏼✍🏽✍🏾✍🏿
Writing prompt: Share a small part of your story with someone you trust
#writer #teenwriter #firstdraft #seconddraft #editing #amwriting #amediting #teenwriters #novel #writersofinstagram #novels #poet #reading #bookstagram #poetsofinstagram #teenpoet #blogger #amreading #books #book
- coffeewritenowThis is beautiful! ❤
- writingwithstyle@coffeewritenow Thank you!
- mailebartolomeLove this 📖
- writingwithstyle@mailebartolome thanks! 📚
- laurendefelicewritingKill it, Viv! I love this picture! And I just got hit with that nostalgia of my first print :') I have to go look at it now.
- karynraewritesNicely said!👊🏻
- lauren_stinton_booksLovely picture. 📝
- fletchers.quillI did the exact same thing. Last week I printed my 400 pages (double spaced for editing) and took it everywhere to show off to friends. 😀
- writingwithstyle@karynraewrites @filmevaschool @lauren_stinton_books Thanks you! 💕
- writingwithstyle@laurendefelicewriting Aw, thanks Lauren! The nostalgia is too real. Our beautiful first drafts had no idea what editing hell was in store for them...
- firstname.lastname@example.org Ooh, that sounds like fun!
- writerbrenbradleyWhat a great post. And just the kick up the ass I needed, since I've been putting off the sharing thing for about a week now...
- writingwithstyle@writerbrenbradley thank you! Good luck with your sharing. ☺
- writerbrenbradley@writingwithstyle thanks 😊
- chelseaharriscreativeThis is very true!! Rewriting is second nature 🙌🏻
Log in to like or comment.