lovewhatmatters"Today was my hair appointment. It's always a bit stressful trying to manage and keep Justan occupied at a time that used to be a few free hours of time for myself. This day proved to be different. I changed his clothes and left his hair sticking up everywhere. I wore no makeup since all of the medication I'm taking makes me just wish for sleep. I was actually embarrassed to go anywhere in public. Into the shop comes a little lady and her husband. He assisted her since she just had hip surgery two weeks ago. Then he sat and waited. He and Justan struck up a conversation that included farming, gardening, our animals, and spiders. I feared Justan was annoying the man when I noticed one of Justan's shoes was untied. I am ashamed to say he doesn't yet tie his shoes, so I mentioned it to him. The gentleman told Justan to put his foot up so he could tie his shoe.
I just watched through my tears as this stranger took my son under his wing. His name is Mr. Berlie Philips, and his lovely wife is Vera. He is 90 years young, and the missus is just close to that. I cried a tissue full at the immediate bond between strangers. A bond between the elderly and the young. A bond that made me miss my grandfather so very much today. As soon as I was able to compose myself a bit, Sheila Kappelman, had an Easter egg hunt REPEATEDLY with Justan. She then let Justan fix her hair. I cried the entire way home at the honor of meeting two beautiful people and at a friend who has a beautiful spirit. My day was made, and my heart is full." #LoveWhatMatters #Love #InstaLove #LoveWins #LoveAlwaysWins #BelieveInLove #CherishEveryMoment #LoveEachOther #Kindness #Hope #Joy #Compassion #FindYourJoy #LoveIt #ShowLove #GiveLove #Giving #ThankYou #SmallActs #BeLove #WeAreLove #AlwaysLove #LoveAlways #ChooseLove #SpreadLove #LoveMore ❤️ ❤️ Credit: Jennifer Moore Parker
- museumtrekkerWhat I saw in these photos, before I read your beautiful post, was a boy and his loving grandfather! The bond is undeniable! And your observation about a young child & a grandparent-aged adult is so true. There is a connection that draws these generations together. Far more powerful, I think, than the generation or two in between. It's something that our society has lost. And not just because we wait to have children longer than in our recent past. But, because we don't value our older generations in modern times. It's sad. Every time I hear a joke at the expense of our elders it upsets me. And we say, "the elderly" instead of "our elders" too. It's a cultural epidemic that our younger generations lose touch with, and respect for, our elders. Your post was so beautiful and it demonstrates the need for that bond. I hope you will see them again. I am sorry that you miss your grandfather so. He must have been very special. I send you many hugs!🕷🌻🐓👟💕
- kimmariamitchellPrecious moment
- granmamakathySo wonderful
- dreamsforbatesLove The Elderly as I am a Caregiver. Love to hear such Beautiful stories as this. Thanks for Sharing. It is inspiring.
- rjlyon65That's Great!!
- miragegreatdanescherish the moments
- gma2jpjjwcjStories like yours restore my faith in society. I'm reminded that kindness still exists and people are generous. I love our elderly population because they connect us with a time that is being lost. Thank you for sharing. 😊💕
- mom_of_eesI just want to reach out to this Momma and give her a BIG HUG! Hang in there! Being a parent is not easy and being a Mother is HARD! Please don't be ashamed for something your son can or cannot do at his age - you keep doing the best you can! Much love to you and your sweet son 💙💙
- laing689How absolutely wonderful for you and Justan!
Log in to like or comment.