lemonsnlymeFriday night a ate a whole package of capellos chocolate chip cookies (minus 2 that I gave to my parents) and some sugar free coconut milk ice cream (i'm aware of the irony that I ate a package of sugar laden cookies along with sugar-free ice cream). Because hey, I'm human and life and lyme. 'Nough said
So now I'm making up for it with detoxing and nutrient dense meals like this one that I packed in for dinner last night
Some wild coho salmon that I baked with coconut oil and slice of lemon. I broiled it for a few minutes at the end. I've been super into broiling my proteins at the end of cooking to get that crispness because baking is just so boring 💁🏼. Alongside that I had a big green salad and some sautéed green beans (in coconut oil of course :) my fav)
Now if only my gut would actually absorb the nutrients from my meals 🙄. 5 years running of restrictive diet (and more years then that of healthy eating) and my gut STILL doesn't seem to absorb a drop of nutrients .
#lymediet #lymedisease #chronicillnessdiet #letfoodbethymedicine #lowfodmap #fitandhealthy #paleo #glutenfree #grainfree #healingdiet #healingthegut #autoimmunepaleo #antiinflammatorydiet #eatrealfood #holistichealing r#lymediseasehealing #lowfodmapdiet #sugarfree #holistichealing #foodismedicine #sibo #sibodiet #cfs #bingeeating #getyogreensin #nutrientdense #chronicfatiguesyndrome #healthyeating #detoxdiet
- harperholistichealthSalmon looks great
- naoisekeohaneOh believe me I did a lot more damage than cookies and icream the last few days! I keep having bad days every week! Hoping I'll finally knuckle down now and get back into my Lyme diet! Onwards and upwards!
- lemonsnlyme@naoisekeohane same! Just didn't share it all in this post 😂. It's tough but we got this
- naoisekeohaneHaha glad not just me then 😂🙈 yes we'll get there! I'm just going through a crap few months since Christmas and so turning to sugar to help! But there's light at the end of the tunnel for us both!
- chelsea.wwThank you so much for sharing this! I always wonder if I'm the only one who cheats on my Lyme diet from time to time and it feels really good to know I'm not alone. We are human and sometimes I feel like indulging in those things help bring me back on track in a weird way. 💗
- devvasileHave you tried the wahls protocol diet?
- runfromlymeLooks fantastic! Great idea on using the broiler I need to try that...I'm a coconut junkie too!
- heyjustine8Now I don't feel so bad for polishing off a whole carton of GF cookies before I even made it home from the grocery store. And it was only a ten minute drive 😬
- lemonsnlyme@naoisekeohane I feel you! I've had a rough few months too. Hard not to turn to junk food it's soothing. But we just try our best and eat extra spinach the next day ;)
- firstname.lastname@example.org I know, I look around and everyone seems like they're eating perfectly and then I feel guilty but I figured I'd share because I can't be the only one. it's impossible to stay perfect all the time. I'm glad I shared and ppl can relate! We are human and I agree sometimes I just have to give into the craving have a little pity party and then allows me to get back on track and feel more motivated
- lemonsnlyme@heyjustine8 girlll I ate half a bag of chips and 2 of the cookies raw before I even made it home so I feel you 😉 (and that was me on my best behavior lol)
- heyjustine8@lemonsnlyme #carblife 😂
- lisamarie930I'm glad I'm not the only one! I normally don't binge eat but something is going on with me lately with cravings etc.. I have zero willpower! I ate 1/2 a bag of sweet potato chips in the car driving home from work and then later I bought my husband a bag of almond m&m's and ate half of them too..today I ate healthy
- mad_claire_beeYou're defs not the only one lovey ✌️ me too, me too.
- kat.m.sharpeJust found out I'm not absorbing nutrients because I carry around massive amounts of bile in my stomach after getting my gallbladder out...what's a girl to do 🤷🏼♀️- I think enjoying some cookies now and then is deff called for 👌🏼
- bwalker05This is great :)
Log in to like or comment.