lukasvolgerIt's been a good stretch of books... I highly recommend Days Without End, something of a queer romance set against the civil war, a snapshot of an America in the making, but with one of the most distinctive voices I've ever encountered in a book; it took me forever to read because I wanted to savor every sentence. The Joan Didion is a thrilling peek into her process if you're a fan of her work. And I preordered the Ariel Levy the moment I heard about it; I read it in one big gulp, a heartbreaking memoir of a marriage and a miscarriage and much more. What else should I read?
- karolluOhhh, cannot wait to read ariel levy's memoir!!!
- elissa_altmanHourglass by @daniwriter (incredible memoir) and The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley by Hannah Tinti (amazing novel)
- catsinblackHave you read What Belongs To You?
- pjgredmondI see @clarkbar Dinner cookbook in the background
- svixjoOoh - may I borrow Days Without End?
- lukasvolger@catsinblack I've started it a few times... I hereby vow to finish it
- lukasvolger@pjgredmond yes! Have you cooked anything in it yet?
- lukasvolger@svixjo of course - will bring in tomorrow!
- cacciatorecreaLincoln in the Bardo!
- chasepurdy@lukasvolger I've cooked the Colombian-style Chicken in "Dinner" (which I see on the table). Eager to dive into the rest.
- pjgredmond@lukasvolger I just bought off of Amazon 😍 but I did make a sheet pan Coriander Chicken the other night with Brussels Sprouts 😋
- thornandthimbleLOVE 😍
- chefrayjrAmazing....check out my profile
Log in to like or comment.