ilyasahshabazzPeople often ask what it's like to be a daughter of #MalcolmX and #DrBettyShabazz? I was raised with an over abundance of love and encouragement. I was raised #Proud to be of African ancestry, #Proud to be a woman, and #Proud to be a Muslim. That #SelfLove is paramount. Before you can love anyone else, you must first love yourself. And that each of us is an extension of one another bonded under the fatherhood of God. My father said, "Teach them while they're young. Knowledge of self is crucial which begins at home." After my father was gunned down, my mother kept our father's presence alive in our household. She said, "It is important to me that my girls understand who their father was as a husband, a father, and as a man; that our six babies are equipped to navigate through systemic challenges." The examples of trust, selflessness, compassion and care my parents set in and outside of our household helped me to understand that Life is not a destination, it's a journey. Faith in God makes everything possible. In order to succeed in life, you must first believe that you can. Teaching about truth & justice lives on forever.
#HusbandAndWife #TrueLove #TeamParenting #Fatherhood #Motherhood #LifeIsAJourney #LovingOurSelvesLovingOurYouth #RitesOfPassage #PreparingANewGeneration #TakingResponsibilityForRaisingHealthyChildren #LikeParentsLikeChildren #RaisingANation #SelfLoveIsParamount #TruthAndJustice #IlyasahShabazz #TheWakeUpTour
- rudydawgsHad the opportunity to meet you at Jjcuny on Friday.... I was a bit star struck. Your father a true icon during Civil Rights movement which under this presidential administration is expanded and ongoing. Thank you for sharing your family memories with us all. We will never forget Malcolm X
- jpoyo@ilyasahshabazz 🙏🏾 peace be with you!
- darrelln32Beautiful words sister @ilyasahshabazz
- a.i.a_entertainmentSo for real
- fresh2deathcutGranddaddy i never had learn how to be a better man from him
- drgqLove this @ilyasahshabazz ! Hope all is well with you!
- stkbrThanks for sharing
- wandapradioSo wonderful! And what a beautiful people they were, inside and out!
- esaelehsThank you for sharing this.
- isreel1loveI Love U Women!
- duwa2asiyaThanks for these beautiful words and much needed inspiration
- afroblue11203I've always been in AWE of your Dad but after reading a biography about your Mom this past week I'm officially obssessed with both your parents :)! She worked so hard to keep your Dad's legacy alive and provide while getting her education
- tuddynanaIt's exactly everything he's taught me!!! ❤
- denisepruittmermaidYou're a wonderful "Keeper of the Flame" for their legacies!!! 🔥🤴🏽👸🏽👏🏾👊🏾👍🏾🤗It was an honor to know your mother when you where both in the GHVL chapter.
- eczyaseminsari" Faith in God makes everything possible. " 👌
Log in to like or comment.