cookiecrazieLast weekend I was so inspired by @thepaintedbox at CookieCon2017. I'm still waiting on the supplies that I ordered so that I can try out her amazing techniques. But this morning I remembered I had a Pentel Aquash (waterbrush) and decided to try it out to see if I could get a decent watercolor effect. By NO means does this even compare to anything that Angela does, but I'm pretty impressed with this little brush that allows you to squeeze it to clean out the brush and then go to the next color. And the watered-down colors look so springlike. 😊🌸💐🌼 #watercolor #springcookies #firsttry #aquabrush #sundayfunday #cookieart #cookiedecorating #edibleart #decoratedcookies #designercookies #customcookies #instacookie #customcookies #decoratedsugarcookies #glazeicingdecoratedsugarcookies #glazeicing #cornsyrupglaze #sugarcookies #squarespace
- thepaintedbox@cookiecrazie so honored♡♡
- sugarchatcookiestudioThey look great!!! 😍😍I just got my supplies to try the same!! @thepaintedbox is sooo inspiring!!
- danyscakesbydanylindSo pretty!
- lmzsalasThey look beautiful! I am sure she'd @thepaintedbox would be honored😍
- sugarbotsweetshopI got several from @artymcgoo and can't wait to get the downtime to use them!
- cookiecrazie@sugarbotsweetshop We should do it together. :) I ordered material so that I can make @thepaintedbox's watercolors in dropper bottles. Once I've done that… We should have a decorating session together. 👍🏻
- ngel2bDo you use water or water for your pen
- cookiecrazie@ngel2b there is water in the pen but it is mainly for cleaning the brush to go onto the next color. I used airbrush colors… And I do think the pen added a little water to the color when I painted it on.
- laney_reesIs this a new technique your doing? Lovely
- cookiecrazie@laney_rees Thank you. Yes.....see above. 👆
- pennyjanescookiesThis is amazing 💖💖❤❤
- sugarbotsweetshop@cookiecrazie yes!!!! I'm totally down for that!
- custombitesbykrisBeautiful! I bought a couple of those brushes but never used them. You've inspired me!! 🎨
- bitesfromheaven1@cookiecrazie I'm making mine tonight!!! Angela inspired us all!!! @thepaintedbox
- cookiecrazie@custombitesbykris Yeah! You can do it. (I bought three of them many months ago and this is the first time I've used one of them!) 😊
- cookiecrazie@bitesfromheaven1 Exciting! Soon we are all going to have watercolor cookies on our feeds. 😊
- bakerloostationAnd you have now inspired ME to pull out MY aquabrush!
- 2chicksandacookieI think Angela inspired a lot of us last weekend! I had a friend pick me up a bottle of the full strength everclear when she was in Kentucky this weekend after finding out it wasn't available here in Ohio. I am totally loving this technique!
- pam_bubblelovecookies@cookiecrazie , what kind of supplies to you buy, and where did you find them? The painting is something I've been wanting to try and just haven't had the spare time to give it a go yet. Aquabrush? I feel like I really need one or two of those! Lol! Can't wait to see what you create!
- cookiecrazie@pam_bubblelovecookies Thank you! You'll need to watch Angela's YouTube about how she prepares her watercolors. Just do a search on The Painted Box and you'll find it. As far as these aqua brushes go… These simulate it a little bit, but don't give the vivid beautiful watercolor look like Angela's cookies too. I would recommend them for starting out though… Happy Decorating! 💗
Log in to like or comment.