digthischickRunning low on gas, we found this place near the Idaho-Utah border. Painted on the eccentric building that looks like an old diner: "The Middle of Nowhere." It was closed today. In the lot, next to the gas pumps: a sheep, llama, two miniature horses and a hound dog. The whole back surrounded by electric fencing. We think the perhaps owners live in the boarded-up part? And, sigh, we felt for those animals. More in stories. Definitely the most intriguing gas stop I've ever experienced. I love road trips. •
#digthisadventure #middleofnowhere #roadtrip #hondacrv #hondapartner
- thegoodsunshinelifeI watched your story...very curious place!!
- lidyerWe've been there!!! We stopped for gas and a bathroom for our then 3 year old! It was closed then too, but we loved the llamas!
- xanthyLots of quirky little gas stations in Idaho. One of my favorites is the gas station turned Thai food at Lava Hot Springs.
- tendtothriveWe stopped there last summer!! It was closed then too 🤔
- kerricechovicI feel so sad for those animals 😔
- katiewesThat place is legendarily strange! We used to live in Northern Utah and my husband stopped there once to use the bathroom. Inside, there are apparently a bunch of snake terrariums, and a Ted Nugent-looking guy working there called my husband "free-loader boy" because he used the can without buying anything 😂
- beckypagepreeceWe've been there too. They wouldn't let us use the restroom until we bought something 😆
- slowyetiWhen I moved to Oregon this summer I think I stopped there; somebody was pulling a tank! Beautiful region and definitely full of oddities.
- mrsliotirisThat place is so sad. And the restrooms were "broken" when we went there. Next time, will find a different road trip stop.
Log in to like or comment.