andrew_w_millsToday at around 3:00 A.M. I woke up to the smell of smoke. After I realized it wasn't our apartment, I found out there was a large wildfire on the edge of town. I grabbed my camera and took off for Flagstaff Mountain. I stayed most of the morning, only leaving to get different angles. It was one of the most awe inspiring, terrifying, and heartbreaking things to watch. Owners who had been evacuated made there way up, not knowing the status of their homes. Super grateful for the hard work of all the firefighters getting crazy close to try to save homes and property.
Currently we are in no danger, but a powerful reminder of Mother Nature.
#sunshinecanyonfire #boulder #boulderfire @boulderdailycamera @denverpost @cbsdenver #wildfire #mountains #nikond600 #nikon #rimby These images are the property of Andrew Mills and may not be used without my prior consent.
- weatherchannelHi @andrew_w_mills, did you take this photo? We at Weather Channel would like to feature it on our channels. To give us permission, please respond with #yesweather. Check out capture.com/terms for the terms
- andrew_w_mills@weatherchannel All of these photos are mine, and #yesweather
- weatherchannelThanks for giving us permission.
- mmillsyRelieved u r ok. So sad for Boulder and all the people evacuated.
- jakemccloryWe woke up and thought our fan was short circuiting.
- mrs.motebergOh jeez! Stay safe!
- andrew_w_mills@jakemcclory same here! Took me a while to figure out what was actually going on.
- firstname.lastname@example.org will do! It's been an interesting day for sure.
- blissfull1313Please stay safe... From Oklahoma!
- kersenapotterwilsonStay safe! I just saw the news, your post has made National news! What a horrifying ordeal this must be!
- _belf@sparkthatshitson @murdaa wild fire signs weren't joking
- merehutGreat photos. We can see the smoke up here in southern Larimer county. The winds have gotten very strong here. I hope all structures remain intact. We need rain!
- marcusamartinAmazing shot @andrew_w_mills! I wish you were with me on Mt. Sanitas! Are you still living on 8th by Mapleton?
- andrew_w_mills@marcusamartin thanks. The whole gallery if you swipe right is pretty eye opening. I wish I was up there too! How are you getting access? I'm over on 30th and pearl. I went to 4th and Mapleton around 4 am, but couldn't really get a good vantage so I drove back up flagstaff.
Log in to like or comment.