chicogarcia10 thoughts on Beauty And The Beast:
1. Let's get the spoilers over and done with: hindi talaga mamamatay ang bida, magkakatuluyan ang love team (#BeBe), at sa huli, extra service, este, happy ending.
2. Emma Watson is pure ❤️. She was born to play Belle. True, she's no Paige O'Hara, but I still adore her as Belle. Dan Stevens and Luke Evans are such revelations! How can you hate Gaston when he's played by Luke Evans? And I think Ewan McGregor (who plays Lumiere) would've been an awesome beast in his prime.
3. Is it faithful to the original? YES. Some will love it for this fact, and some will quibble precisely for the very same reason. IMO, they changed enough to make it interesting. It didn't shake things up as much as Maleficent did, but it brought more to the table than say, Cinderella did.
4. I must admit, I started panicking the first 15 minutes, I was thinking, "Oh no, it's doing everything by the book but somehow it's not connecting with me!" But the moment "Something There" was sung, the magic ensued, and it was a homerun from then on.
5. The new songs are awesome! But like in the original, the versions sung in the movie by the actors are for me, way better than the pop versions. A highlight for me was Beast's "Evermore," I still get chills and goosebumps thinking about that scene.
6. Some people argue, "Do they really need to make live action versions of beloved Disney animated classics?" In this case, I'm glad they did.
7. It will take all your strength not to sing along, but for the sake of your seatmates, please resist.
8. Yes, bring tissues.
9. Now let's talk about the controversy. In some places they're banning the movie because of an openly gay character. Let me see if I get it right: they're okay with Gaston punching an old man and tying him to a tree to be eaten by wolves; they're unfazed by Gaston shooting someone just because they look different; nobody complains about a love affair between a woman and a half-human, half-bison; but they ban a movie because an unabashed gay character appears for a few seconds? Okay, got it.
10. They should've entitled this: Ang Pagbabalik Alindog Ni Prinsipe Chaka.
- anj.currayon point! 👍
- misskimtanTrue that! 6,7 and 9 🤘🏻
- barrmodeI always enjoy ur reviews, funny but meaty :D
- gladfl0w@chicogarcia there are 4 things I didn't like: 1 - they didn't explain how Beast got the magical mirror, 2 - the traveler book is just kinda eh...but nice to have a back story for Belle being motherless, 3 - I wish they had Belle wear a different color dress in the finals scene as it was hard to find her, until you see the blue suit of the Prince & 4 - the "I love you" felt anti-climatic (dropped na ung last petal of the rose). But that song of Beast "Evermore" made it oh so worth changing from the animated version. And it could be just me, but in the scene when Belle ran to the top of the mountain, it kinda felt like she was gonna belt out "The hills are alive with the sound of music" LOL!
- alindreeI've been waiting for your 10 thoughts on this movie! I so love the songs! Theater feels!
- louieymeI sang along! Most of the crowd sang too! You know they've watched it when you hear them singing "tale as old as time" while in the escalators... 🌹🎵🎶
- kristina_91185I haven't watched the movie. Pero since may credibility ka @chicogarcia manunuod na ako later! :)
- cml_loves_earth_and_familyHi Chico. I find the movie ok and magical. But, I expected more on the ending like Belle to open a library for the kids or the prince to adopt the town to make it more productive?
- cuando09I just cant fugured out where those magical mirror came and the time travel ba yun? The hills are lively where belle went through and i thought she was one of the cast on sound of music lol.. The dance on the ballroom was OK but not that extravagant Or maybe i was expecting too much.. An alive animated movie.. Ill gave ⭐⭐⭐ and 3/4 😂
- hellohariajBeen waiting for this! Finally! 😄
- cannemartin#10! 😆😆😆
- karlfelisildaI totally agree everything you've said.
- kabiserraIt's crazy, @chicogarcia , i know what was gonna happen the whole time yet i still cried in most of the scenes... ong, so happy that movie of #BeBe came out again in cinemas 😘
- kabiserraIt's crazy, @chicogarcia , i know what was gonna happen the whole time yet i still cried in most of the scenes... ong, I'm so happy that #BeBe came out again in cinemas. 😘
- joemikcaroa@chicogarcia The whole time I was wondering, how come the setting is in 19th century France but everyone has an english accent? Except for 3 characters everyone were English haha baka ang Mulan French accent naman haha
- zhyriexpurpleone things i want to see is bella has doing the chores in palace and sing.... but it so nice i dnt really like is screen is quietly dark
- zhyriexpurplei read how many times this story and different books... i know bella has a sister and she's the younger...
- mabaitnakoLeFou also! Super galing! 😍
- starmargaery@chicogarcia hi! i jst watched this last nght (finally!).. at naisip kong bsahin ult itong rview mo.. sbrang agree ako sa lhat ng points m 😉 and im thnking of watching it again.. i almost cried sa last part pro jusmio nman nung ngtransform na si beast.... hayyy.... 😍 ermegerd! aun.. happy wkend!
Log in to like or comment.