jowhittonWell, you'll be glad to know I've had a very successful day of recipe testing my honey-sweetened, super simple Thermomix MARSHMALLOW recipe!! For those of you asking: ✅ Yes, they hold their shape in the fridge and don't go soggy (in fact they were better after a day in the fridge!)
✅ Yes, they can be toasted over the fire if you don't hold them there tooooooo long - just brown them quickly then eat them!
✅ Yes, they are perfect in hot chocolate (I tested it for you. Tough job but someone's got to do it. 😜)
✅ Yes, they are awesome in rocky road with my dairy free chocolate (I also tested that for you - so kind of me, I know! 😂)
✅ Yes, you can roll them in coconut and it sticks well. And since they also hold their shape well, I'm sure they'll work for bunny molds. 😉
✅ Yes, the ingredients are very simple - just water, gelatine, honey, vanilla and salt!
The things I haven't managed to test yet...
- the stovetop version, but will work that out
- not sure if they work with agar instead of gelatine
- I'm pretty sure maple syrup or rice malt syrup will work instead of honey but haven't had a chance to check - not sure how much you can reduce the honey, but I did try reducing it by a third and it turned out great! - not sure if they freeze and thaw well, but I've put some in the freezer and will let you know!
I'm thinking I'll put the recipe up on the blog tomorrow, and you guys can help me keep working these things out and then I'll add more notes to the blog. Good idea? Don't want to make you wait too long... 😉😘
#marshmallow #gaps #paleo #wholefoods #gelatine #guthealth #honeysweetened #easter #treat #recipe #quirkycooking #thermomix #easy #toastedmarshmallow #hotchocolate #rockyroad #dairyfree #eggfree #nutfree #glutenfree #grainfree #starchfree #allergyfriendly
- gemflanagan@jowhitton what else did you put in the rocky road? Will definitely be making that!
- antoniiiii_That rocky road looks amazing ...
- heid_staaOh my...!!
- gutexpectationsI'm hanging out for this one!!!
- home.heart.healthLordy! Love your work here! Didn't even know I was craving marshmallows til u offered it up as an option! 😂 go girl!!
- nsiguenzaOh my goodness! My boys love marshmallows in their babycinos & toasted over the fire during winter but I hate store bought. These will probably end up as a winter staple! Thank you @jowhitton
- nsiguenzaAnd I definitely think you should share what's in the rocky road! Total fave with the adults in the house!
- chaosandpoppyCan wait to try these! My daughter will love it!!!!
- reconnected.meYou thought of everything @jowhitton except.... can you eat the whole batch in one day??!! ;-) haha
- jodie_viThey're so cute!!!
- adjpinkToo funny (you taste testing for us) 😀
- prattkidzWOW!! Really keen to try your recipe!!!
- taneal_weirCannot wait for these.. so excited
- cher54au@nsiguenza I second that! 😂
- kazza_maniaVery excited, thanks for going the hard yards for us xx
- firstname.lastname@example.org Don't tempt me!! 🙊😜
- hillarykingsullivanThey look great 😃 I will definitely give them a go as sometimes I just have a craving for marshmallows... weird huh?
- julz_clarkYes pls! I love a good marshmallow!
- mrshaidar@biancaperre_ I am making these for Easter! YUM!
- biancaperre_@mrshaidar looks good! What one you making? I'm trying to work out what I can make!
Log in to like or comment.