europabridge1St Nicholas, your go-to Saint for sailors, travelers, children, and those in distress ... So I reckon he's the Saint for me! And if he's close by, I hope he hears my heartfelt prayers ...
Also hoping no one minds a graveyard shot, I never have, and I find this one particularly beautiful, as it contains memorials to the lives that founded and still populate these beautiful Isles ... Besides, the church itself is a peach, and I love gazing at that sky, and the pretty wild flowers popping up here and there ... (Look to the left for Eclesiastical purple.)
And now another reason for me to crack my daffodil-lottery code, as St Nicholas Church, though obviously beautiful on the outside, is crumbling a bit inside ... I've just been reading about the dreadful condition of the wee church, and they're asking for help, for those who can, to contribute to its restoration ...
Needed: a new slate roof, treatment for damp, replacement of joists and floor boards, and upkeep of sanctuary alabaster all requiring about £200,000 ...
If you are a Scilly lover, and can contribute to this worthy cause -- the preservation and care of a most beautiful Anglican parish church built by Thomas Algernon Dorrien-Smith in 1878-79 -- please do so ... My secret wish is to apportion a goodly part of any 'green boon' in my life to causes such as this: the preservation of quiet sacred places where people may redraw their dignity and emerge refreshed, comforted, and enlivened to go about life's business.
Donations should be sent to Eve Cooper, 5 Bay Row, Isles of Scilly, TR24 OPY ... Please visit the Tresco Island website for more info about how to address checks. Thank you! ⛪💐🌞
#StNicholasChurch #Tresco #mytresco #fundraising #Scilly #AnglicanChurches #Heritage #c19 @islesofscilly @visitislesofscilly
#WritersofInstagram #Editors #PCCIslesofScilly @scilly_isles @trescoisland @ig_britishisles
#expatwritersgreengoals #travelerssaints #sailorssaints
- jane_hattattI love churchyards and wandering amongst the gravestones..... this looks to be a beautifully tranquil setting....
- lynda.mavisA beautiful village church. It's always very expensive when their roofs start to deteriorate. I hope they do well through donations and kind people like yourself......😊💕
- europabridge1@jane_hattatt It is ... And just surrounding this area are huge trees that canopy the small paths that wind around the way toward the church ... Beautiful!
- email@example.com I hope I will be in a position soon to help them ... It's long been a dream of mine to be a part of restoring beautiful heritage churches. 💐🌞💙
- europabridge1@cowtancat 💐🌞😊
- tatton_interiors_knutsford_So beautiful. F.
- europabridge1@tatton_interiors_knutsford_ Yes, it is ... And the island, as well. 😊💙🌞
- travelswithtThis is fantastic
- europabridge1@travelswitht 🌞😊💐
- europabridge1@blitos 🌞
- _emerald.empress_Yours too babe!!!! Amazing! 💙
- gustavomayrinkdesignShow!!! 👏 👏
- europabridge1@gustavomayrinkdesign 🌞🌞🌞
Log in to like or comment.