polarben#tbt Crossing Antarctica's Ross Ice Shelf, October 2013.
Walking into headwinds in the early Austral spring, the windchill was often in or below the minus fifties, so we were completely covered. Here I've got two face masks (an @outdoorresearch Gorilla underneath a second layer of windproof fleece attached to the bottom edge of my @oakley goggles. The red cord attached to my chest pocket is for my compass. NB my hand position: a bit of Norwegian polar wisdom that was passed on to me years ago was the importance of keeping the hands below the heart in very cold conditions...
#scottexpedition #aboveandbeyond #landrover #intel #antarcticexpedition #southpole #acapulka
- jyoti_sharma18O my God
- bevs.fitnessSuch an amazing achievement Ben! Incredible challenge, strength and courage! Love watching your videos on You Tube! Thanks for sharing your fantastic Expedition Adventure 😉
- flyingdogsidDefinitely challenging. Interesting and dangerous. !
- welshbird74My dream
- sonia.delamareMy dream too... 🇦🇶
- guilherme_garcia89📷 👍👊
- scottishbeardmanGreat tip on the hand positioning. Not that Scotland ever gets that cold 😉👌🏼👍🏼
- tbwilliams19When's your ladybird book out @polarben ?! 🐞
- joshuaedricYou're a hero, Ben! Keep it up, thankful for your inpiration.
- _brttThanks for the follow man. Been a fan of yours for a few years, keep it up 👍🏼
Log in to like or comment.