princessgabbaraAfter years of grinding, I can finally say that I landed my very first byline in EBONY Magazine and I've got to say there's nothing like seeing your name and words in print! On page 43, I dive into the rich yet unknown history of headwraps and why we wear them today. I still remember the summer of 2012 when all I did was study the magazine from front to back, dreaming of the day when I would see my words grace its pages. S/o to @mariellebobo, who asked me to take on this piece after noticing some of my online work with the "Detangling Our Roots" series. The March issue with the gorgeous Jurnee Smollett-Bell slaying the cover is on newsstands now (and yep, that's me on the Contributors page)! PS I've already got pieces slated for the next few issues! #onwardupward #dreamsreallydocometrue
- gerilynhayesCongratulations! Well deserved.
- kenyauneditedYay! Congrats 😊
- ashley_unscriptedThat's awesome, congrats!!!
- gregthegroomerCONGRATS! Keep up the great work and I'm so glad to have worked with you--your voice and transcription is so eloquent 😀❤✌🏾
- princessgabbaraThanks everyone! Much appreciated.
Log in to like or comment.