monicamooresmith“If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.” James 1:5 has always been one of my favorite scriptures. Though it may be a cliché scripture, it has stuck with me ever since I learned about Joseph Smith.
Often times I have been shut down or discouraged from asking questions (not by my parents, thankfully), especially when it came to serious religious inquiry. Of course, there is a point when even honest questions become accusatory and the purpose behind them is merely to tear down. That is another issue. I’m talking about honest questions, backed by faith, with desire to learn and grow.
When we dismiss questions this way, I think we forget how the restoration of the church came about. A fourteen-year-old boy had a big question and decided to act upon it. A boy (not yet a man) asked a question that shook the ideology of the whole town. Joseph Smith has always been an example to me because he was curious just like me and—in spite of his age—used that to make a positive difference. He received revelation because he asked for it. How can we expect someone (God) to give us something if we don’t ask for it? We cannot whine and cry and expect God to read our minds to magically fix our problems (even though he could 😉). He may not give us the answer we want, but no parent—earthly or heaven—is going to give us the answer sheet to life. That would prevent us from growing by experience.
David A. Edwards said, “On the other hand, in religion, just as in science or anything else worth studying, it’s absolutely essential to ask questions, even difficult ones. It’s the only way you’ll get answers. And answers mean greater knowledge and understanding—and in the case of religion, greater faith and spirituality.” Members of the church have often been accused of walking blindly. While I do believe this is true of some members, the church does not encourage such behavior. Ignoring issues isn’t a gospel principle, but an individual choice that some have made. It is up to the individual to choose to seek, ponder, and pray. Just like any science, art, or business, you will not have all the answers ⬇️
- monicamooresmithClearly the point isn’t to know all the answers when it comes to choosing a path, but to know enough and test it with action. The church is made up of imperfect people. It’s impossible to organize a perfect gospel in an imperfect world. That’s okay. We can move forward in our imperfection just as every religious leader in has in the history of the world. “You will hear allegations that the Church is ‘anti-intellectual.’ … You are the greatest evidence to refute such an erroneous statement. Individually, you have been encouraged to learn and to seek knowledge from any dependable source. In the Church, we embrace all truth, whether it comes from the scientific laboratory or from the revealed word of the Lord. We accept all truth as being part of the gospel. Because we choose to press forward in faith, even though we don’t have the answer to every question, some people may accuse us of exercising “blind obedience” or of being “anti-intellectual.” Is this a fair claim? Are there some things we aren’t allowed to study or questions we aren’t allowed to ask? No.” - David A. Edwards
So, ask your best questions! Just doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith! ❤️
#monicamooresmith #lds #mormon #naturalblonde #actress #actor #singer #dancer #model #sing #dance #youtuber #youtubemusic #youtubemusicvideo #utahfilm #utahmusic #utahdance #utahmodel #modest #bangs #redlips #vintage #provo #utah #byu #mdt
- breakingeyebrowsYou're always good for a lift to my spirits one way or another. 💕
- bdufftonYou are so much more than a beautiful woman. Continually surprising me with all you do, think, and know. Keep filling the world with good, Monica!
- francythepantsysomething to think about
- srweightthank you!
- punkychrissyThe REALEST thing I've ever read from a fellow sister. Thanks, Monica. #LDS
- monicamooresmith@breakingeyebrows Wow, thank you! 😊
- monicamooresmith@bduffton 😊
- monicamooresmith@punkychrissy that means so much to me. Thank you! ☺️
- harmonycharity98Your pretty and I love your fath in God could u help me understand more of him
- scot_robertsExcellent message!! You're a positive example for good.🙏👏🏽
- coverstonemAmen!!! Great Post! ❤
- allbodyfitnessVery nice :)
- wagnerbooks@monicamooresmith this is really beautiful, thanks for your testimony and spiritual knowledge of how God answers prayers, this is just really amazing 💜 I love this!
Log in to like or comment.