h_catoIt's funny how appearances, social media, our brains can be fooled into believing others' lives are perfect or at least better than ours. Like there's a successful elite who's cracked life and didn't even need the cheat codes and we can aspire to be them, though it's common knowledge we'll never reach those heights of perfectness. I watched an interview this morning on @adwoaaboah the most beautiful, striking model of British-Ghanian heritage, nominated for model of the year. And I was reminded with utter clarity, NO ONE has it all together. We all are a myriad of insecurities and brokenness that threatens to shatter, parts we haven’t dealt with and disappointments we hide. You can be beautiful and still be broken. You can be adored and praised and still feel empty. We shouldn’t aim for worldly ideas of success; we should aim to be whole. I’m forever learning to grapple with and love my flaws and understanding that sometimes days will feel heavy. Her interview was inspiring because it's ridiculously hard to bare your brokenness to the world and say, "this is me”. But she did it.
If comparison is stealing your joy, watch it (it's on the StyleLikeU YouTube channel) and ground yourself in knowing, we are all a mess, some of us are just better at hiding it. So the greatest act of service you can do, is learn to have grace for you.
Have a blessed, imperfect, slightly askew, real Tuesday x
- erin.el.richtruth speaker
- mariaemacThis is sooooo true and people need to hear it!
- jmeshesoooo blessed by this. We are ALL a mess. :)
- davidnkollmannyes! competition can kill ones own creative vibe 🙏
- ronakk.patelAlways inspiring Holly 👏
- creeelAmazing absolutely
- alexamenshikovaOh my Gosh!
- georgegoldberg_Appreciate the love Holly!
- h_cato@davidnkollmann right?! Hope you're doing well David!
- email@example.com that's encouraging to know! Blessing 🙏🏾
- h_cato@georgegoldberg_ I was so confused by the name change! 😅😂
- georgegoldberg_@h_cato lol I had to switch it up on em!
Log in to like or comment.