thesoftlandingWe're firing up our first batch of fermented veggies! While we may be kombucha masters, we failed miserably at a first attempt to make sauerkraut in Grandma's old crock. We've got cabbage, carrots, and a medley all ready to roll and we're very excited to see how the @farmcurious + @recapmasonjars set works!
Have you tried fermenting vegetables? If so, what methods have you found most successful?
- exploreeatsI totally failed at my first attempt too, way too salty, not good 🙁
- kerri26My mom is way better at fermenting veggies than me, so I always steal them from her. I need to get my act together and try again.
- callmecrunchyblogI want to learn!
- gitasjewelryshop☺ ♥
- farm.108Attempting my first batch with @kraut_source. Hoping for success.
- thesoftlanding@holisticchefshelley So you're old hat at fermenting huh? So great!
- thesoftlanding@delaruina Not necessarily! That's just way we're trying it this time because it's suppose to be easier.
- thesoftlanding@stirringwhimsy Definitely give it another go!
- thesoftlanding@latchedonmom Yes you gotta try kombucha! It's so easy and we have a simple recipe on our blog that will help.
- email@example.com Here's to success!
- thesoftlanding@nicolemariechristensen We hope it surprises you and turns out well!
- thesoftlanding@exploreeats Same here!
- thesoftlanding@kerri26 Yes go for it again!
- thesoftlanding@callmecrunchyblog If this works, we'll be sure to share our tips!
- honestdesiresfarmI have used all kinds of methods and has success but wick canning jars work extremely well, mason jars with air locks work well, but I now only use Fido canning jars. My ferments never mold in those and are always extremely tasty. No waste of time and veggies and happy, healthy ferments.
- outoftheboxmamaI want to learn! I'm all about sourdough and kombucha but need to stretch myself to learn something new.
- whistlepighollowmdI use farmcurious tops -- they work great 👍 good luck !
- schizanduSauerkraut is best! Good luck 😊
- blueanamLove making sauerkraut with jalapenos, ginger, and garlic! Crock with snap lids and seal works well, although I simply cover with cheese cloth until ferment slows a bit. Have not had a problem with mold, but am mindful to keep veggies submersed in their liquid. Have also made and enjoyed kvass.
Log in to like or comment.