davidlebovitzCame across these mini heads of greens at the market. Not sure what they are (they're firm, like cabbage or kale), and about 2" (5cm) long. Was going to use them in a salad. Anyone know what they are?
- ubringmepeaceKale-Brussels sprout cross. I steam them till almost tender and then put in a sauté pan that I've already cooked some garlic (in olive oil) in and then cook them with more olive oil and some salt and pepper till tender but not mushy. You can also add some red chili flakes to it instead of the usual black pepper.
- whatweeat.nycThey are AMAZING roasted @davidlebovitz !! Can't find them anywhere in NYC so consider yourself lucky. 425 for 20 min or so with just simple olive oil, salt and pepper. Finish them with a squirt of lemon juice and zest. Perfect mix of kale chips and roasted Brussels.
- joycebernsteinAn very easy to grow, hardy cross between Kale and B. Sprouts. Introduced about 4-5 years ago.
- laur6705I'm Australia these are called Kalettes, a cross between kale and Brussel sprouts. Delicious roasted with olive oil and sea salt and served as a part of an Aussie Breakfast. @davidlebovitz
- pschlaikjerI second @whatweeat.nyc irresistible roasted. Snack crack
- susanspungenKalettes. I usually roast them until softened and just starting to crisp up. Crowded on the pan.
- email@example.com they have them at USQ even now. The only greenish thing in the market right now.
- allofherstonesI've seen them on a recipe for brussels sprouts risotto in one of Ottolenghi's books.
- whatweeat.nyc@susanspungen Oh my god, really? Game changer! Do you know what vendor?
- firstname.lastname@example.org I don't recall name but I think they're there Wednesday and maybe Sat. Near 15th st on the outside
- cheshirekitykatIt's another form of kale. Kale grows up a stalk kind of like brussels sprouts, this looks like the tip of it.
- kcfamaKale sprouts or lollipop kale...so delicious roasted with olive oil salt and pepper....The leaves get crisp like kale chips and the inside stays soft like roasted Brussel sprouts....I've been buying them in CA (when seasonally available) for a few years now. 😍😍😍
- kdoubleuThey were sold as 'kalettes' at my local shop, but weren't around for long.
- chefroondogLove your blog David. Those are called kale lollipops.
- whatweeat.nyc@susanspungen THANK YOU! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
- alwayssayLooks like a cross between kale and silver beet. But defs a brassica
- davidlebovitz@susanspungen sounds good!
- bucketlist_food_travelGood stuff
- vonnienleeback in 2006, i was also in the midst of a classroom and tried to write with my left hand, for fun, i was bored, really bored, but people may have mistaken me for "showing off", I'm not left-handed but maybe better than most non-letfy since I have pretty good hand eye coordination
- vonnienleei'm not ambidextrous either, i've met an ambidextrous surgeon, was privileged to shadow him for a few weeks, and observed his amazing skills as an ambidextrous surgeon
Log in to like or comment.