iconic_patternsIt will sure take a few crappy buttonholes to sew a decent one, lol! I am using contrasting silk to highlight all the problems. This one is better than yesterday's, which looked like a hairy caterpillar. #buttonhole #handsewing
- alimmayNice! Are you taking a course or google-learning?
- iconic_patterns@alimmay I've read everything I could find on the subject, so now it's practice time. It was actually on my last year's to do list, but at least I'm doing it! :))
- maledevonsewingLooking good! It takes time but so worth it. Nice to see someone else doing it though, not just me. 💪
- carmencitablogYou know how the Italians do it right? The make a machine buttonhole in embroidery floss in the same color and then embroider with the silk over it. 😉
- iconic_patterns@maledevonsewing it has been one of my ambitions for awhile, but I couldn't get supplies until you pointed me in the right direction, thank you!
- iconic_patterns@carmencitablog yeah but I'm a sucker for punishment :))
- carmencitablog@iconic_patterns aren't we all. 😉
- iconic_patterns@carmencitablog indeed we are 😄
- sewitwithdiI love doing them, I still practise especially on different fabrics. Very satisfying
- iconic_patterns@sewitwithdi so you must be a pro by now! Do you think my thread is a bit thin? I can't shake off the feeling that the pearls must be a bit fatter.
- sewitwithdiI'm getting better at keeping the stitches the same length! I normally use Gutermann silk buttonhole twist, but I only know one supplier in the Uk. I did find another thread I can buy in a local shop...Seta Reale 100%silk. It worked fine, however the Gutermann is spun more tightly so I think it will be more hard wearing
- iconic_patterns@sewitwithdi yes that's what I'm using too.
Log in to like or comment.