lotterlebenWell this one was a surprise!
I wanted to sew a test run of #simplicity8338 before I use it for another fabric I bought a few weeks ago, but since I was low on muslin and didn't want to start another long & involved sewing project, I picked up some leftover wool(?) fabric from my stash and took a leap of faith. After eyeballing the full bust adjustment, I cut it, sewed it together, and… it fit on the first try! Usually I'll have to re-do the entire back because there's always a lot of excess fabric there, but not this time. For the next version I'll probably lower the darts and add a few cm to the front, but that's about it.
Really excited to be wearing this during the last cold ways of winter. (the scissors brooch was a christmas gift from my mom <3)
#vintagesewing #simplicity #simplicitypattern #vintagepattern #60s #sewcialists #nähnerd #60sfashion
- flormarencoIt looks great! I wish I had the motivation and time to do such pieces 😅 but maybe I should 🤔😅
- stoepselstricktSupercool! 😁😁
- lotterleben@flormarenco Go for it! This was actually a really quick project- took me about 4.5 evenings to complete, and one of those was only because I insisted on hand-stitching all hems because I wanted the seams to be invisible :D
- sewbytheseasideI love the pin ✂️
- thatjeffphotonice IG feed
- toastmetoastI love it! Especially that scissors pin!
- rominjenHermoso vestido.. saludos desde Chile
Log in to like or comment.