- clairesfootsteps"Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new" - Brian Tracy
I panicked BIG TIME when I tumbled into the water on the first day of my open water diving course. I had problems with my breathing, my goggles and my ears - most of the major issues with scuba diving! But I knew there was no going back, I just had to press on and try and accustom to being underwater.
I'm not going to lie, I hated my first dive. I even felt a bit weird on my second dive. But by the time I dunked myself under water for the third time, I realized how stunning the ocean around me was. I noticed peaceful leopard sharks, colourful fish and chilled out turtles. It was a very surreal experience, but once I'd got used to being underwater, I loved it.
BIG example of life begins at the end of your comfort zone. If I'd stayed in mine, I wouldn't be a qualified scuba diver right now. Get out of your comfort zone - it's the only way to grow!
Have you got out of your comfort zone recently? Tell me stories!
PS. Huge apologies for the big gap in my posts, being true to my clumsy self I broke ANOTHER phone by dropping it in the sea. I wouldn't be your favourite clutz blogger if I didn't have a technical breakdown issue every now and again, would I?
- clairesfootsteps#australialovesyou #australiagram #australiagirl #goprohero5 #goprogirl #goprooftheday #myfootsteps #sheisnotlost #dametraveler #darlingescapes #mytinyatlas #doyoutravel #betheadventure
- clairesfootsteps#byronlife #byronlove #byronvibes #aussiephotos #scubadiver #diveaustralia #underthesea #divinglife #divingtrip #passionpassport #passportready #girlsvsglobe #girlslovetravel #matador #bbctravel #ozlife #oz_hot_shots
- destinationdameThis is incredible!
- amazingdestinationsresortsKeep on rockin!
- traveling_newlywedsSo good!
- meduchiliveGorgeous! Love it!
- lilwanderluststoriesYaay for scuba I love it!
- dailyadventuresofmeI love diving- and will you do the Great Barrier Reef??
- thetravellintomI'm not sure I could do this! Not a fan of scuba diving! Kudos to you!
- therollingpackI can relate, I had a similar experience when I got certified. Good for you for pushing your own limits!
- itsmichelleserraHaha how cool!
- maketimetoseetheworldGlad you persevered - the underwater world is beautiful!