amandamariefittAfter a solid squat session (learning low-bar squats!) and a quick walk outside with the pups I snapped this photo. Holy vampire paleness! I nearly deleted it. Why should I though? This is me. It's winter and even though I tan really well in the summer my skin doesn't hold color very long. I'm also not super lean right now. (Thankful for high waisted spandex. 🙃) Lean really isn't my goal. Strong, badass, and happy in my current bod is my goal. •
Happiness should never be tied to how tan you are, what your body fat percentage is, or if your abs are showing. I'm totally okay with wanting to improve your health or simply change your body for aesthetic reasons (nothing wrong with wanting a fit bod) but the mental aspect is just as important. If your self worth and happiness are tied directly to a number on the scale or how you look, you will never be happy... no matter how much you change your exterior. •
You must love yourself in every 'phase' of your journey. My mood and happiness are never tied to my weight or current body. I can honestly say I love myself year round... even in all my paleness and 150 lb glory. No filters, no edits, just me. ✌🏽
- amandamariefitt#selflove #selfworth #gainingweightiscool #bodypositivity #bodypositive #beyondthescale #love #happiness #athlete #health #balance #physique #strengthqueens #girlswholift #shelifts #girlswithmuscle #iifym #iifymgirls #justtrackit #balance #motivation #fitness #fitnessmotivation #fitness #diet #nutrition #wonderwomanmentality #powerbuilder
- beth.parkOmg I love this, thank you💕
- madixoxolynnI seriously love your page so much, so refreshing compared to the rest of the bs fitness community 😳 thanks for keeping it real for the rest of us normal chicks just trying to be strong and happy 👊🏼👊🏼
- bhamamama80Wish you could speak publicly to all young girls today who have an unhealthy mindset about their bodies . Very powerful .
- amandamariefitt@bhamamama80 It truly starts at home. I had a very 'powerful' mom who never spoke negatively about her body... or mine. I never once remember her talking about being too fat, poking at rolls on her stomach, or being afraid to wear a swim suit. We were more focused on being active, getting outdoors, and making (mostly) decent choices about food. She never commented on my weight but rather my activities. Stay active. Get outside. She pushed education, goals, dedication, passion. She never once pushed diets or made me aware of my body in any way. I wasn't 'rewarded' for getting smaller. (Women have told me their moms would promise them fancy and expensive new jeans if they lost 10 lbs. Thats horrifying.) I am grateful I had the upbringing I did. It's resulted in an amazing mentality my entire life.
- bmchenryI'm pale year round. Gotta buy a shirt that says "pale is the new tan" for this summer.
- amandamariefitt@bmchenry 🤣 I love it.
- little.miss.fitYesss, it's winter, we don't need to be tan to be beautiful. I hate the pressure to be tan!
- email@example.com Occasionally I might throw on a little Jergens after a shower but I've been trying to be more comfortable with just being me. ✌🏽 There was a time in my life where I was NEVER not tan. 😂 Don't have time for that shit anymore.
- nati_sups_fitYour so inspiring girl!
- bhamamama80@amandamariefitt what a beautiful tribute to your mother :) that couldn't be more true.
- stereamyHow do YOU personally get super lean?
- amandamariefitt@stereamy I don't use cardio to stay lean now so adding in 2-3 ten minute sessions plus a small caloric deficit is my first step. I make sure I keep my metabolic rate as high as possible (2,600-2,800 calories for me) in 'offseason.' A small cut for me is around 2,200-2,400. What I do in my 'off-season' makes my 'cut' so much easier. That's exactly why I push women to get 'healthy' before they try for super lean body fat percentages. If I was trying to maintain on 1,600 - 1,800 calories year round while doing 4-5 sessions of cardio weekly I would be MISERABLE if I tried to cut. Cutting from 2,800 calories and zero cardio is way better. 👍🏽
- stereamyGoing through the menopause thing...50 years old. Worked out my whole life. I was a runner, now gave that up and gained 20 pounds now all I do is lift and And that 20 won't budge. I don't lift like 5 or 10 pounds either, I try to lift heavy. I eat clean, staying away from all whites, but feel like an absolute fatty. Can't fit into my shorts anymore and feeling defeated. I really don't want to resort to "running my ass off" again. Way too old and tired to be running 4-6 miles a day...so frustrated! 😩
- amandamariefitt@stereamy Eating clean and 'staying away from whites' has absolutely nothing to do with body composition. You need to make sure you are eating an appropriate amount for your goals (that usually means more -- 90% of my clients come to me under eating) and the eating the proper macro splits (carbs, protein, fats.)
- evelynmitchell_fitMotivating 😉
Log in to like or comment.