fatblackcatspawElm Row - see those metal stubs? Remains of the feet of the Pigeon sculptures which were removed for tramworks about 10 years go. This bike rack financed by @sustransscotland will prevent them ever returning Please Give Local Councillors Hell and @sustransscotland plenty of space elsewhere #edinburgh #freethepigeons #pigeonsofconscience
- beetrootstevecrochetJust come home from work on the bus and passed some workmen chopping down some lovely trees in a municipal carpark in Liverpool City Centre. Made me want to cry. Presumably the council have had to sell the land because they can't balance the budget. 😢
- apple_francaThe pigeons have been sold off. Timber yard have got one!
- fatblackcatspaw@beetrootstevecrochet god you have to be so vigakent can you get the info out on social media contact greens local friends of earth commjnity council?
- fatblackcatspaw@apple_franca no the timber yard one is not like the elm Row Ines from the pics I have insider info
- beetrootstevecrochetDone some research, apparently the council haven't sold the land, they're spending 5 million quid building a multi storey carpark. I'm going to get in touch with them on Monday, but I expect the trees may be gone by then.
- fatblackcatspaw@beetrootstevecrochet outrageous do you have a civic org which keeps an eye on planning applications? We have the Cockburn Association here. Keeping tabs on planning stuff is hard on your own
- beetrootstevecrochetI'm sure there must be some group who does that kind of thing, I'm going to have to look into it. Thanks for letting me sound off, and for the advice. Love your photos btw.
Log in to like or comment.