ilyasahshabazzThis pic was taken #February21, 1969 at the 4th Memorial Anniversary of #MalcolmX.
My mother often said to my sisters and me, "Just as one must drink water, one must give back." That before she married her husband #MalcolmX she thought her role as his wife was to nurture the household, her husband, and their new family. She had Bachelors and Nursing degrees when she married him. She said however that after her husband was politically gunned down in front of herself and their babies, she had to not only raise their six daughters alone—she had to also be the caretaker of his legacy. Malcolm X challenged a government that was historically unjust to its own people. He denounced war and injustice as indefensible devastations of human and environmental resources. Young Betty drove from our home in New York to Univ of Mass in Boston, once a week. She earned a Masters and then a Ph.D. She never ever accepted "no" or "I can't" as an answer for herself. The Black Panther Party provided security to ensure protection and safety for the "widow" of their martyred hero, #MalcolmX. #DrBettyShabazz #Survivor #Legacy #RitesOfPassage #RiseAbove #ResponsibilitiesOfWomanhood #StandingOnShouldersOfGreatness #FlashBackFriday #FBF #BlackPantherParty #BPP #EducationMatters #HistoryMatters #IlyasahShabazz #TheWakeUpTour
- _kevingeorge@troyedwardsart @chakabars
- _ummabdulfataahYes I love it!!!!!❤❤❤
- nianine9Powerful Soul💜🙏💜
- ben_up_ben_downզմҽҽղ ҍҽԵԵվ🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷
- claraphilipsckStrong women 👏🏾💪🏾
- eternity19914Your mother and father are two of my biggest heroes and especially you father. He changed my viewpoint on life back during my college days during the late 80's. May they both continue to RIP! 🙏🏿❤
- mommymode247Love yall! Miss her dearly!
- kperryjr✊🏾 THANK YOU!!!
- denzelpauletta@ilyasahshabazz your mother was and will always be strongest woman ever🙏
- caroline_soler_gonzalezBeautiful! What an inspiration 🙏💓💞
- monaliza_kcBeautiful ✊ We are always with u @ilyasahshabazz
- only1swanA woman strength!! Such an inspiration!!💖💖
- jmaismailYour father was the Progenitor Panther to my comrades in the BPP; M.S. Handler described in the Autobiography of Malcolm X how after he and his wife had tea with your father when talking about the book. Mr Handler wife described afterwards, " It was like having tea with a Black Panther " ! BPP started it's beginning in February 1965 @ilyasahshabazz before it's actual October 1966 emergence
- goldenladygoddess#Salute #Respect ✊🏾🖤
Log in to like or comment.