valmariepaperI am learning more and more what fearing the Lord looks like. I had gotten really comfortable with God. Maybe too comfortable. He was always this gentle Papa which I still believe He is, but I had forgotten His immense power. Lately though I find myself overwhelmed in the best way by His magnitude. I think much of it has to do with worshipping God more with music. It's here I dwell more on who God is not just to me but for the world.
Do you tend to see God as one extreme or the other? Loving Papa or All Powerful God? How does the extreme you lean towards affect how you view God? Have you forgotten his tenderness and connection? Or his might and power?
- poynorfamThank you for these words.... needed this!
- mrsbreecruzWhat bible do you have?
- lohou@mrsbreecruz was going to ask the same thing!
- jmadigan7This is good!
- rosievictorialeaHe's so almighty ! Amen!!! And I love Him with all my heart and soul!!!!! My creator , my father ! My protector ! He fights my battles PRAISE ALMIGHTY GOD
- valmariepaper@mrsbreecruz @lohou journaling bible from Crossway! I am actually going to be giving away a similar one and another really cool one (hard bound linen covered! 😍) starting next week!
- brittleepippI needed this, this is something I have been struggling with as well - getting too comfortable with God. Thank you for sharing these words, sometimes it helps to know you're not the only one.
- kirsschmedesSo good!! I just took a mission trip to India for the first time and part of my reason for going is the realization I had with becoming far too comfortable in my faith! Thank you for your honesty!
Log in to like or comment.