designmomWhat's your take on juicing? I've been drooling over @juicemanuk's gorgeous book and wondering if some sort of cleanse would help me break my deep, deep love of sugar. We're discussing on Design Mom. Lots of STRONG opinions. Some people swear by juicing and adore cleanses. Others think the whole thing is bunk. What's your take?
- rodjsrSeems like people who "don't like juicing" haven't really tried it. I haven't tried it either but the healthiest people I know love their juices! @zorayaglasser
- sherfaginVitamix all the way! Easier than a juicer. Everything in modification. If you allow yourself a small sweet when you crave it, you'll want it less often.
- wrenrunnerI've been scaling back on sugar and caffeine incrementally. Going cold turkey makes me binge after awhile. So having daily and weekly goals has been working for me. I'm consuming a whole lot less.
- our.southern.lifeThe only thing that will keep you from getting over sugar is to go without. It took me a month without it to finally not crave it. But once you start again it's over. The best way is to limit yourself to only 1 or 2 things a week that contain any type of sugar and be STRICT about it. Cuz let's face who wants to live life without dessert? The juicing or smoothies are a huge help when you know you'll crave sweet stuff. I even will bring one along to a place I know will be loaded with party food so I have something fruity and sweet to sip on. The only thing that will cleanse you from sugar is going without for a long time, but the juicing will help.
- hannahgreeverJust posted a pic in my story of the veggies and fruits we juiced this morning! Juicing is kind of a pain, but such a great way to get an antioxidant boost!
- designmom@livefreemiranda Hah! That would totally be me.
- designmom@barchbo What? That sound amazing! I'm going to google it.
- designmom@jodynebesnik So true! If my kids help me choose what goes on the smoothies they are more likely to enjoy them.
- designmom@camilleandros I like the thinking.
- designmom@amomsday Hah!
- barchbo@designmom It's by Dr Sara Gottfried. I felt like she totally got me. Would love to hear what you think!
- loriangelaI need to chew my food to find satiety
- susannahmakesart@sallyhp @designmom I agree with the Whole30! I super love sugar and just finished my fourth one. (I did three last year- Jan, April & Sept) Anytime my sugar dragon gets out of control I do another one to reset. It's changed how I eat and what I crave- the only thing that's helped me deescalate my sugar love
- susannahmakesart(Also I used to be one of those "I could never do whole30 people")
- bubblingbrookie.galI love juice more than green smoothies, and have cut sugar tremendously. I feel the best when I have a decent amount of whole grain and legumes. Find out what works for you and what feels good for your gut! Everyone is different and thankfully so many of us are getting interested in what health really means. It's not just diet either 😉
- woodie_milanoCool man!
- timbuk2nordicCool 😎
Log in to like or comment.